Had a car accident on Sunday 31st Jan 2010
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Had a car accident on Sunday 31st Jan 2010

Had a car accident on Sunday 31st Jan 2010 11 years, 8 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder

This is how I want to remember my car. Its best photogenic side. It was roomy and I slept in it often on overnight stays and holidays.
I\'m going to miss it. Hopefully the insurance will pay it out in full so I can get a deposit on another car.

Re:Had a car accident on Sunday 31st Jan 2010 11 years, 8 months ago #2

Junior Boarder
Clearly, to declare \"What a bummer!\" is inadequate but I\'m glad you are ok, though saddened by the loss of a faithful companion. You are ok, aren\'t you?
John

Re:Had a car accident on Sunday 31st Jan 2010 11 years, 8 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
yes John thanks.

The swelling of my knee has almost gone. It currently becoming multicoloured. Fortunately nothing chipped.

The seatbelt held me back from more serious injury, but my ribcage was compresses a little on impact. The doctor described it as a seatbelt sprain. its still painful when I need to get up, figure out how to lie down comfortably to sleep (lot of pain for a couple of minutes).
Fortunately the other people weren\'t hurt. I have difficulty comprehending why they are so angry. Accidents happen.
Dad tried to explain I would be angry too if it happened to me. I countered with the three or four times someone crashed into me I never once lost my temper.

If your car is properly insured there\'s nothing to worry about, plus, this was my fault. I don\'t understand why they are angry.

Re:Had a car accident on Sunday 31st Jan 2010 11 years, 8 months ago #4

Junior Boarder
JUST SO GLAD YOU WERE NOT HURT, THE CAR CAN BE REPLACED.
GOOD LUCK FINDING A SIMULAR ONE.

Re:Had a car accident on Sunday 31st Jan 2010 11 years, 8 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
actually was hurt and am only now in agony. Doctor wanted to give me two weeks off, my boss agrees, he wants me to be 100% for the job.
I have trouble driving and getting in and out of the car quickly is very painful. Currently have muscle spasms aswell.

As long as I don\'t move it is ok.

As for a car... I\'ve opted for a plain simple normal car. Very snug and comfy. Also a tad expensive... depends on my deposit to get it rolling.
Its the same engine size as my old one but the car is a lot lighter, and my personalised plates will look so weird on it, weird enough for ppl to question an RVR plate on a Toyota Camry

Re:Had a car accident on Sunday 31st Jan 2010 11 years, 8 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Glad your okay and healing up buddy. Did you not get that Mitsubishi you showed me the other day? A Camry, you, Can\'t see it buddy. Just glad you are okay and who cares if the other party is mad, let them worry about the stress that causes. You were at fault and admitted it so now worries, mate.

Re:Had a car accident on Sunday 31st Jan 2010 11 years, 8 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
thanks mate,

yes, my conscience is clear, I paid the fine, I\'ve received my check and have paid for my new car...

A \'99 Mitsubishi Nimbus (Chariot Grandis/ Space Gear) 7-seater fwd 2.4L GDI Auto base model in wine red. Needs a little body panel work and some much needed accessories like an alarm and reversing sensors.

Pics will be up once I get it, but won\'t drive it until its insured and it looks a little more decent.

After all, I can still drive Dad\'s Mitsi Magna.
  • Page: