Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Models of my cars

Models of my cars 8 years, 9 months ago #1

Junior Boarder
My second car was a Riley 9 Gamecock- a 2-seater sports. Never seen a model.

One of my present cars is a 1926 Derby saloon- an 1100 cc French car. No hope there- I think it's the only one left!

Re: Models of my cars 8 years, 9 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Is your Derby a Vernon-Derby or an import ? I don't suppose it has a SCAP engine ?

The similarity to a Citroen would make it easy to adapt a model of one of these ?

Re: Models of my cars 8 years, 9 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Pictures would be nice as I have never heard of or seen these before.

Re: Models of my cars 8 years, 9 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
What year model is the Riley ?

Re: Models of my cars 8 years, 9 months ago #5

Junior Boarder
The Gamecock is 1932, and was just like the photo. They were really only made that year, although a few six cylinder ones were made for rallies in '33.

The Derby is a French import, with a Chapuis-Dornier engine.

Re: Models of my cars 8 years, 9 months ago #6

Junior Boarder
The Derby... a slightly strange body, with a door on the left for the front seats, and one on the right for the rear seats. A lot of French cars were still right hand drive in the 20's.

Last Edit: 8 years, 9 months ago by tobermoryphil.

Re: Models of my cars 8 years, 9 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Thats a fantastic looking car you own, thanks for showing us, first I've ever seen!

Re: Models of my cars 8 years, 9 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
There are a few cars with the uneven door design mainly because the spare wheel is mounted on the RH side outside the driver.

Re: Models of my cars 8 years, 9 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Would the odd doors be something to do with the chauffeur and the passengers alighting onto the pavement.
Last Edit: 8 years, 9 months ago by LUFF.

Re: Models of my cars 8 years, 9 months ago #10

Junior Boarder
I doubt it- he has to slide across and exit via the left hand side door. Would make sense if it was left hand drive, but it isn't.
I can't see a little 1100 cc voiturette being chauffeur driven. The spare wheel is on the back, by the way.

Re: Models of my cars 8 years, 9 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Ford around year 2000 where thinking of making a ford fiesta with two doors on the passenger side and one on the drivers side so children could be picked up in mums taxi without having to go into the road .
also you now have the Hyundai veloster.

Re: Models of my cars 8 years, 9 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
It amazes me how stupid people really are. Do we really need no doors on the traffic side of the car to keep us away from it??? WoW!

Re: Models of my cars 8 years, 9 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
My dad used to have a 1925 Rolls Royce 20hp in his collection a few years ago which also had 1 door on the left for the driver and 1 on the right for passengers, i always thought it was odd but different.
  • Page: