Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Odometer tally

Odometer tally 1 year, 11 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>Now for something relatively easy.</p>
<p>Odometer or milage of your vehicle, past and present.</p>
<p>What was your lowest when bought?</p>
<p>What was your highest when sold (or scrapped)?</p>
<p>Richard k</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by RVREVO.

Re: Odometer tally 1 year, 11 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
<p>Lowest when bought was 42250km, current car.</p>
<p>Highest when sold 290500km, the gold chariot. That is still quite low for a car, I know. It had mechanical issues .</p>
<p>Unknown was the Morris as the odometer would revert back to zero once it reached five digits.</p>
<p>Richard k</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by RVREVO.

Re: Odometer tally 1 year, 11 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
My newest and lowest miles was my brand new Yamaha 650 back in 1972, It had 4 miles on it as we were not on metric yet. Most others were high milage and I have no idea how many times the odometer clicked over the 1,000,000 mile marker on my 1952 Ford 1/2Ton Pick up. I bought it in about 1974 and it was brand new in 1952 at the city works yard in New Westminister in BC Canada. Even came with a rebuilt 75HP flat head V-8 in the box. Other parts too as the box was full of them. They gave me everything they had for it broken or not. You can see my old Ford on the left in the back ground. The car was my 1963 Dodge Custom 880 as I trade for it back in about 1976 or 1977.
You can see the fender is gone that I damaged. The Renault is not mine. It was there. I guess I could have claimed it but it was junk to me.

Re: Odometer tally 1 year, 11 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Missed a picture of the fender. The Dog is my long missed Thorvalder, golden Lab Shepard cross.

Re: Odometer tally 1 year, 11 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
I did a bunch of work on the Dodge, here it is after that.
This car had well over 600,000 miles on it when I finally junked it. Two motors and three transmissions later in about 1983?

Re: Odometer tally 1 year, 11 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
My current Hyundai Santa Fe has just under 134,000km and I bought it with just under 67,000 Km, five years ago next month. It is a 2008.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RVREVO

Re: Odometer tally 1 year, 11 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
The Hyundai is so different from the Ford and Dodge you had.
I imagine it was simply a vomfortable and practicle ride.

That Renault 16 would have been an economical drive with the 1600cc engine. Bit of an unusual import.
As a diecast there was a Dinky, Corgi, and Majorette.

Re: Odometer tally 1 year, 10 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Yes, it was quite the change but them I am getting older and like comfort over style. The Santa Fe is very comfortable on long drives and I have many over the course of a year. I may only put 10,000km on in a year but almost 80% is on the Highway and probably 5,000km just driving the 1,000km to the coast and back to visit my soon to be 94 year old mother. The rest is short hops of half an hour to an hour to town and back or the 400km to Kelowna and back which I have already done a half dozen time this year and have at least 2 more to do. Doctors and dentists and shopping trips as there is little selection in Grand Forks.
The truck gets good milage too and has not cost me much over regular maintenance. Had rear wheel bearings go and the front sway bars needed to have new ends on. Been real good to me for 5 years now so will keep it a while longer.
  • Page: