List your real owned cars in photos
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else!

TOPIC: List your real owned cars in photos

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 8 months ago #91

Platinum Boarder
I have the same problem with my truck. It is due to the angle of the filler pipe on mine. The pump will pump too fast for the bend in the filler pipe and it backs up the flow which turns off the pump at the handle or pistol as you say. I have to fill it slower most times. Pull the pistol out so it is not all the way in and it works better. My Hyundai did not do that until it was full. I could then get in a few more liters though.
Each vehicle is different.

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 8 months ago #92

Platinum Boarder
It has it's advantages too: staying longer at the filling station means looks from more girls.

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 8 months ago #93

Platinum Boarder
Yes Keesie those are my photos of my cars, the chap sitting in the yellow Ford was working for us at the time and we are of to do a Christmas parade.

The Packard is now in a private collection in New Zealand.

The closest I got to a Mustang was a 1968 Mercury Cougar GT.

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 8 months ago #94

Platinum Boarder
Hey Keesie,

Here is a video review of your old Opel Manta

youtu.be/-I4FxMUaUtE

Richard K

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 8 months ago #95

Platinum Boarder
<p>Hey, thanks for that, I watched that video! The car in the clip is white and has square headlights, while mine was silver with read accents, and double rounded headlights, which suited the car better. My one was from 1989, and like the Capri 2.3 I had before that, you think by the looks as if it is a real fast engine. Well it is NOT. The guy in the clip says the Manta speeds in 10 seconds to 100 kilometers an hour. This is slow, compared to nowadays cars. It can't be compared to my Mustang of course, which goes to 100 km/hour in less than 5 seconds......</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by Keesie.

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 8 months ago #96

Platinum Boarder
Quite wierd actually, that most of us remember our cars, but mainly the outside. I forgot what that Manta looked on the inside untill I saw the clip!

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 8 months ago #97

Platinum Boarder
Actually rember the interior of my cars quite well.

My parents 1979 mitsubishi Galant interior was my favorite