List your real owned cars in photos
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else!

TOPIC: List your real owned cars in photos

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 9 months ago #76

Platinum Boarder
I am 1.82 tall, and it is the ideal car to sit in, not to GET in/out....there is enough room in the front, but I do not want to sit in the back for a few hours.....because there is only my wife and me, we have enough space, and even can load the supermarket 's groceries in for a week.

There is a lot to tell about this car, and about my 'habbits'.
I made it a habbit to keep track of all the costs I spent on the car, same as on my bike which I bought new in 1991. The longer you own a vehicle, the more you can tell how much you spent on it, on average. I am not talking about petrol, insurrance and roadtax, write off, which is different for all of us, but just maintaining the car, service, repairs and such.

As I am also a member of the Dutch Mustang club, there are people who want to buy one, and ask how much the costs are. NO one in that club keeps track of that, except for me !

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 8 months ago #77

Platinum Boarder
Your type of car on Holland is rare and I don't doubt that people that own them don't want to see what it costs them. That takes the fun out of the car. My new to me truck on its first drive from where I bought it to home and then last week to go shopping was about $70 in fuel and got me about 18 MPG which is a bit less than I thought it would be but acceptable as it is a truck. My Hyundai was a 3.3 L engine and got about 28MPG so a bit of a drop but does not matter as like Kees, I don't drive much any more.

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 8 months ago #78

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Jim, it is not common indeed, but I sure wished someone kept track of the costs before I bought mine. The price a car costs and the petrol it uses is not the real surprise, but the unknown costs over the years are. I like you to know the Mustang is just about 100 euros a year more expensive than the Supra I had before that.

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 8 months ago #79

Platinum Boarder
Well. I just dropped about 10 miles per gallon in fuel costs. Tires are 17" and my last SUV had 16" tires so could not keep them for his truck. Those will cost a pretty penny. The Santa Fe had 2 sets of tires, one summer set on the mags that came with the SUV and one winter set that I had put on new steel rims to save the tires from wear and tear when they change them. They are 5 years old and still look pretty new. Even the Car salesman I sold it too asked how old they were and when I told him he was surprised. I only drove about 37,000km in the past 5 years though. So about 7400 per year. Will be the same for the GMC but when I buy summer tires next year they will be well over the $900 I paid each for the other 2 sets. Yes, this will cost me more than the SUV but I get great advantage out of the GMC so it works for me. Like you get to drive a very uncommon car for Holland and that can justify the extra costs plus you don't drive it that often either.

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 8 months ago #80

Platinum Boarder
So your new car uses far less petrol than the previous one, Would you believe we never heard of winter tyres 20 years ago here? I thought when you go to Germany or so in winter, you can get fined if you don't have winter tyres. Crazy world it has become, also because mostly we do not need winter tyres, because we have hardly any snow anyway these years.
Yes, driving an uncommon car may cost a bit extra, and if I would use the car more often, it would no doubt get more expensive to maintain.

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 8 months ago #81

Platinum Boarder
Kees, you misunderstand. I am NOT talking about liters per 100 Kilometers. I am taking about Miles per Gallon or per liter if you like. 18mpg = about 3 Kilometers per liter of fuel so much more expensive than the 7 kilometers per liter I used to get.
Hyundia was about 9.6 or 9.7 liters per 100K
The GMC is probably closer to 14 or 15 liters per 100k. I have to work that out yet but have only had one fill up and need more to get a better average. That will take a while as I seem to go further on a tank but then the tank is larger. Just over half a tank or 52 liters cost me about $72.00 Cdn the other day. that is about €48.00. Should cost about $150 to fill like my old 1975 when I ran it nearly dry.

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 8 months ago #82

Platinum Boarder
Sometimes petrol consumption doesn't matter, like these two I had in the 70's

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 8 months ago #83

Platinum Boarder
We did a couple of long trips in the Packard and it regularly returned 16 mpg

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 8 months ago #84

Platinum Boarder
<p>Amazing pictures DD, are those actual pictures of the cars you owned? Jim, so your new one uses far more patrol than the Hyundai!!!!! You are saying it uses 1 liter on 3 killometers !? I know petrol is cheap with your, but still, that is very expensive. My Mustang does about 1 liter on 7 kilometers.</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by Keesie.

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 8 months ago #85

Platinum Boarder
<p>I might as well mention this here:</p>
<p>On Wednesday afternoons I play volleybal in a big sports hal. The hal has several entrances to several sports. When I finished and walked to my car, parked on the other side of the building. A young guy was making pictures of it. I said that would cost him money, as a joke. He obviously did not realise it is mine, because he said he heard that the car belonged to AN OLD GUY from the other hall. You should have seen his face when I opened the car's door........</p>

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 8 months ago #86

Platinum Boarder
Old is a relative term. I am 68 now and I get Old Guy all the time. LOL

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 8 months ago #87

Platinum Boarder
Why did I know on forehand that you would answer, and not the 12 others who read this....

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 8 months ago #88

Platinum Boarder
<p>Keesie wrote:
</p>
<p>Amazing pictures DD, are those actual pictures of the cars you owned? Jim, so your new one uses far more patrol than the Hyundai!!!!! You are saying it uses 1 liter on 3 killometers !? I know petrol is cheap with your, but still, that is very expensive. My Mustang does about 1 liter on 7 kilometers.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>It is not cheap to run, that is for sure. The Santa Fe got about 28Mpg as I said and the truck gets about 18Mpg maybe 20Mpg. Fuel here is about $1.40 per liter and there are 4.54 Liters per Canadian Gallon as we are on the imperial measurement system, like Britain. The US gallon is about 5 American quarts where ours is 4 Canadian quarts. The US gallon is about 3.68 liters. You have to take that into consideration when doing calculations. I Don't know what the Liters per 100 Kilometers works out to. The Santa Fe had a reading on the Dash that told me fuel economy, the truck does not have that.  I got about 650K to the tank on the Santa Fe and I get about the same mileage out of the Truck but the tank is larger. Works out to about $20 more every 2 weeks on fuel so I can handle that.</p>
<p>We are about $6.36 Cdn per Gallon and that is about €4.25per Cdn Gallon or €0.94 per liter over there so cheap compared to you  in Europe.</p>

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 8 months ago #89

Platinum Boarder
as you said, expensive. Still, it did not stop you from buying it. If I knew how much petrol my Mustang would use (and I knew), I would still have bought it, unless I would have a job somewhere further away, because it is no fun in traffic jams.

By the way, I filled it up today, takes far longer then an average car, and this is not because it has a bigger tank.......

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 8 months ago #90

Platinum Boarder
These Mustangs have a tank which goes over the central axle like a saddle. This, together with a certain pressure different to the USA causes a vacuum-pressure, causing the filling pistol to turn off, even when the tank is not filled. So, you have to bring the pistol just outside the tank and fill.
Does anyone still have this car as their favorite...?