List your real owned cars in photos
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else!

TOPIC: List your real owned cars in photos

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 3 years, 3 months ago #46

Platinum Boarder
<p>The car was made to be a cheap alternative for a real sports car. The upper body was completely made from fiberglass, and therefore you think it does not rot. It does. Because the chassis is of poor quality, and poorly attached to the upper body, these cars had many problems. The design itself was great. Flip open headlights, which go on vaccuum 'pots' from the engine, those pots broke easily , and replacing them costed a fortune. There were THREE seats in front, no rear. All parts inside were neatly done, and I remember the radio was built in sideways. The engine was in the rear, a 1.6 4 cilinder Renault. A complete glass only window covered the rear, only attached to the two hinges, telescopes and lock. This broke twice, and caused a lot of difficulties to replace. In the end, only after a few weeks, I got fed up with it and sold it with a loss of a few hundred guilders.</p>
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by Keesie.

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 3 years, 3 months ago #47

Platinum Boarder
That's a shame this is one car I liked when we were in Europe. 3 seats across, enough room for you and both your girlfriends.

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 3 years, 3 months ago #48

Platinum Boarder
<p>Yes, but always fighting between the two who will sit next to the driver. To compare, a car like a McLaren has the driver seat in between the two passenger seats, both are a bit more backwards. The Matra has the driver seat on one side, and then passenger-passenger, all three in line. The middle seat was a bit more narrow than the other two.</p>

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 3 years, 3 months ago #49

Platinum Boarder
<p>So, after this disaster, what to buy ? Well, I decided to have one more Matra. They can't be all bad.......right?</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 3 years, 3 months ago #50

Platinum Boarder
Looks similar to a Fiat X-19 like my sister used to own back in the 1970's.
No, that is not my sister.

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 3 years, 3 months ago #51

Platinum Boarder
Oh yes, in those days the choice was between the Matra, the Fiat X-19 (of which we said it was 1-9) and the Triumph TR7.

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 3 years, 3 months ago #52

Platinum Boarder
<p>This second Matra was the most expensive car I ever bought up till then, but I made the wrong choice, and it proved to be even more expensive, as it was even worse than the first one. As I said, both front lights stayed closed, and both vaccuum pots had to be renewed. Then again the rear window broke, and replaced. Then the V-belt broke, and with any other car it can be replaced quickly. However, not with this one. The engine had to be taken out of the car, as there was no room to place it. I thought I had it all, and then it happened.....</p>

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 3 years, 3 months ago #53

Platinum Boarder
When I was younger before we emigrated in the 1970s there were a lot of cool littke cars driving around Holland.
The ones that stick out most were Daf, Citroen, Renault, VW, Opel, Mercedes, Hanomag, and Ford.
One of my aunties always bought small cars that were mostly from Japan. One of her exotics was a 1974 Datsun 100A. It was around the same size as her previous car which was a Daf. She said the Japanese cars were easy to tinker on.
I am certain that if she never married and/or kids she would have had a Datsun 240Z or a VW/Porsche 914/6.

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 3 years, 3 months ago #54

Platinum Boarder
.....the engine broke down, and had to be replaced. Luckily the former owner, who lived nearby, helped me out with replacing the engine. All went well for a week, and then the engine blew up again. Another one was placed.
I remember the day I wanted to go to work, and my new beautiful car was there, next to my old Honda motorbike. Pooring rain, and obviouisly I wanted to go by car. It did not start, so I went by bike. That was the moment I decided to sell the car.

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 3 years, 3 months ago #55

Platinum Boarder
This wasn't easy, but anyway, a few days passed, and I went outside, looked at the car, and saw a lot of small cracks appearing on the roof, that were not there a few days before. Finally I sold it, and I started to look for a decent car......

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 3 years, 3 months ago #56

Platinum Boarder
<p>So, here my Capri 2.3S. It was a 6 cylinder, and this car lasted me 7 or 8 years. Even after that it could have taken me further, but .....well, that is the next car.</p>
<p>
</p>

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 3 years, 3 months ago #57

Platinum Boarder
Found the same model Capri abandoned and stripped in Wales back in 1991.
Got the inside mirror. Used it to look behind my many computers over the years

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 3 years, 3 months ago #58

Platinum Boarder
<p>The clutch of the Capri wore out, and it was either repair or look for another car.</p>
<p>The nearby garage had a beautiful Irmscher Manta, so wilth a little pain in my heart I departed from the Capri. The Manta was great. I had liquid gas built in, which was far cheaper than petrol. However, liquid gas was higher taxed, so I had to do so many miles a year to get even. When I started it was about 12.000 kilometers, but over the years I had to do 20.000 to get even. The last few years it was not worth it anymore, so I had the gas equipment taken out. The car had no probems over the years besides a few rusty front lights. This is actually the only poor picture I have, because at that time we had a VHS camera, so there is a lot on film.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 3 years, 3 months ago #59

Platinum Boarder
When I started buying cars, I had them for no longer than half a year, mainly in winter time. Over the years the cars I bought not only became more expensive, but I had them longer as well, the Capri and Manta at least 5 or more years. Although the Manta was still ok, it was time for something different. I remember I started looking, came to a Toyota dealer, and he had this dark gray Supra. I never heard of the name before, but the car did not look that special, so I carried on.

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 3 years, 3 months ago #60

Platinum Boarder
I could not find the car I wanted, and a few months later I came back to that Toyota dealer, to find they still did not sell the car. This time however,it was in the sun, in the show room, with the roof panels off.
The price had dropped a lot, and after a spin I decided to buy it. We agreed on a respray: I wanted it in red.