List your real owned cars in photos
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else!

TOPIC: List your real owned cars in photos

List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 11 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>Ok, took a while, have located all but one of the cars i used to own. From the very first to the current one.</p>
<p>Descriptions of what they are, and approximately when i had them.</p>
<p>If you want to picture list yours i am using Post Image as suggested by Jim.</p>

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 11 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Ok then, the 1968 Morris 1300 was listed here many times. My first car in 1990.

2nd a 1981 Mitsubishi Lancer EX, white. Bought from my brother in 1994.

3rd a 1986 Mitsubishi Chariot GLX, my first multi-seater, and was the only one in the family to have this oversized hatchback

4th a 1991 Mitsubishi Chariot GLX. Bought this at Wheels On Wairau, car dealer specializing in Jap-imports, and my brother worked here too in the beginning. Have bought most of my cars since, except one.

5th a 1997 Mitsubishi RVR Sportsgear X2, Mum leant me 10 Grand in 2006 to buy this all wheel drive. Extremely fun car to drive and still miss this one. By far my most favorite Mitsubishi. First to get the RVEEV0 plate.

6th, crashed my RVR, so replaced it with the 1999 Mitsubishi Nimbus in 2010. Irony is that I had test driven the same color NZ New model back in 1997 when this and the RVR were new on the market. Did not have it long enough to have the RVREV0 plate put on.

7th bit of a change, at work I really liked these little Toyota Echo. So when the engine blew end of 2010 quickly replaced it with my 2001 Toyota Vitz.

8th only went to have a look at the Mitsubishi Grandis. Three hours later I drove it home end of 2016.
Due to my ongoing health issues it was uncomfortable to drive long distance. Mechanically it was fantastic. Second car to sport my RVREV0 plate officially

9th and current car, a 2007 Toyota Mark X ZiO bought because its so comfortable on long distance with plenty of legroom.

My next car? I am inclined to go for the 2012 Toyota Estima Aeras Hybrid. This too was one that ticksall the boxes for comfort, economy, style, etc. However, that is the plan for 2023.

Richard k
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 11 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Great collection of cars. I don't have pictures of most of my cars and have had probably 40 from trucks to cars. Even had a Dodge MiniVan. I will have to sit down and do a list. I have 50 years of driving to record.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RVREVO

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 11 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
<p>Great post, I saw pictures of your cars on my works computer as guest but no pics on my own pc signed in.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Pictures are now showing , not sure what happened must be slow loading!</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by Andy66.

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 11 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Does not have to be the exact car or truck. Just close to it.
The Lancer is actually yellow in the photo. Took out color as my one was white.
Mine also had RallyArt stickers and a pair of spotties on the front bumper. My brothe made a special frame in the bumper to hold in place.

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 11 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
<p>I tried to upload my cars but the site just does not take it. Sorry</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by Ecclesley.

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 11 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
This site no longer does uploads from your PC. That has been an issue for several months.

Go to postimages.org and sign up. Upload your photos there and you can hotlink them here which is how these photos are done. Its very easy.

Richard K

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 11 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Nice to see all you real life cars..

Toyota Mark X ZiO looks to me like a Peugeot 508 pre facelift over here lol

screenshot pc

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 11 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Richard, you don't need to sign up for Postimage.org. I just use it and it works fine with no extra tag along pictures and ads.

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 11 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
<p>RVREVO wrote:
This site no longer does uploads from your PC. That has been an issue for several months. Go to postimages.org and sign up. Upload your photos there and you can hotlink them here which is how these photos are done. Its very easy. Richard K
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I know Richard, thanks, and I am using postimages or several months now.</p>
<p>But even using postimages.org I could not get my message through today, the moment I submit my post I get logged out, it happened three times.</p>
<p>So that puts an end to my attempts.</p>

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 11 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
I must admit it does get a bit buggy.
A few minutes ago tried to upload and an error message popped up.

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 11 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Gerrit, I just sent you an email describing what I do to fix non posting messages here. Let me know what you think.
Richard, use the back button if you still logged in and then click the Quick Reply button (if that is what you used to post) and it should be there.
I now copy the post before I post it.

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 11 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Peugeot, Citroen and Mitsubishi generally share platforms and have major cosmetic changes.

Generally most cars from dame year of production tend to be similar.
Nobody wants to think too far out of the box as ppl have different views of how aesthetically pleasing a car should be.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 11 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
I also prepare the entire post with the hotlinks and then copy/paste in place.

I do most of this on my smartphone

Re: List your real owned cars in photos 1 year, 11 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
I do my pictures as I go but don't do too many in one post.