How to disguise your Alfa Romeo
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else!
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to disguise your Alfa Romeo

How to disguise your Alfa Romeo 2 years, 6 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Extreme badge engineering.

Go to wonder why Alfa Romeo could not choose a better Renault to hang their emblem on. At least this one flew under the radar.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, karls

Re: How to disguise your Alfa Romeo 2 years, 6 months ago #2

Never knew that that happened with the Dauphine. Does a real Alfa Romeo fan like it?

Re: How to disguise your Alfa Romeo 2 years, 6 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I think it was in a time where cars often ended up selling asxone thing and another company had bought shares in it.

If France wanted to import into Italy it seemed prudent to choose a popular you know would sell well but under a popular brand.

Remember, there are many ppl in the world who are clueless about car brands.

I have a little book from 1960 that had the Alfa Romeo Dauphine. I thought that it was a mistake, a bit of a joke
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: How to disguise your Alfa Romeo 2 years, 6 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
I see Michelotti had fun with the idea.

Re: How to disguise your Alfa Romeo 2 years, 6 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Yes, but ibthink it was more to do with Gordini

Re: How to disguise your Alfa Romeo 2 years, 6 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
From the Renault Dauphine entry in Wikipedia:

"In Italy, Alfa Romeo built the Dauphine Alfa Romeo under licence between 1959 and 1964 in Portello, Milan. Differences with the French model are: electricity (Magneti-Marelli) 12 volts, special lights and the logo (badge) "Dauphine Alfa Romeo" or "Ondine Alfa Romeo".

Re: How to disguise your Alfa Romeo 2 years, 6 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Didn't need to look it up. Badge engineering has been around for so long now its part of the norm.

Like all those Lamborghini models that have been popping up lately all vourtesy to their current master VW

Re: How to disguise your Alfa Romeo 2 years, 6 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Market and sell, that is what it is all about. Money, Pink Floyd Song. I have the original album. LOL
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: How to disguise your Alfa Romeo 2 years, 6 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
We HAD the original album, with poster and sticker until we moved to here. We also had a 'bootleg' copy in a plain brown cover . All our vynil got given away as we just didn't have enough room in the trailer.
It was also the first CD we bought for our then new CD player (we had enough room for CD's).
Have fun
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by Terrytoo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: How to disguise your Alfa Romeo 5 months, 3 weeks ago #10

Gold Boarder
<p>Some more Alfa Romeos you might not have heard of yet.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 5 months, 3 weeks ago by iwearabowler.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, karls

Re: How to disguise your Alfa Romeo 3 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
I think Alfa was filling in a gap in their lineup with the Dauphine, until tax laws changed and the Giulietta was ramped up. At that time, they were partners; Alfa used its dealer network to sell Renaults in Italy, and Renault did the same with Alfas in France.
  • Page: