Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Car Art

Car Art 2 years, 7 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Are you an Artist?

Can you draw or paint cars?

Show and tell right here.

Richard K

First up: VW and Porsche

Most are either on A2, A3 or A4 sized black paper.

Re: Car Art 2 years, 7 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Will go a little more random here.

Re: Car Art 2 years, 7 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Nice and I recognize your old Morris in there too. Nice work
The following user(s) said Thank You: RVREVO

Re: Car Art 2 years, 7 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Jim. As photobucket no longer hotlinks thought i would rescue my uploads and redistribute them through this website. When you do a google image search pd images pop up.

Re: Car Art 2 years, 7 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Yes they do and I have seen may over the past few years.
I too am fixing my hot links. Working on the Pallet-Jecta right now but have to put that on hold while I repair my spray booth exhaust fan. That should be today if nothing else happens.

Re: Car Art 2 years, 7 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Ok a few more car art posters

Re: Car Art 2 years, 7 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Some very nice work there, someone once drew my Chrysler & Hillman Hunters which I owned, I will take them down from my wall when i get a chance & photograph them.

Re: Car Art 2 years, 7 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
It is nice to have these drawings of my old cars on the wall, I look at them from time to time & they bring back some happy memories.

Once owned by me for 16 years, this car was an ex Met Police area car, it was navy blue & after a few years of owning it I put a white vinyl on it & totally restored it later on in life. The car still survives Sierra1 once had it with his police cars & I believe this to be the only surviving Met police Hunter.

This was my wife's car, we bought it from it's original owner, I had this car compeletly restored to original & the we hired the car to a film car & it appears in the film East Is East. The car was sadly written off whilst parked outside our house , which brought an end to my owning of classic cars.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RVREVO

Re: Car Art 2 years, 7 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Nice drawing and they have been well represented here. I don't have such skills. Sad story about your wife's car.

Re: Car Art 2 years, 7 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
That is some superb fine detailing with a 3B pencil.
Using pencils its easier to minimise mistakes.
The top drawing of the ex-met cop car has the louvre blinds some cars in the 60's had.

One of thethings i had to deal with was ppl saying i copied the cars. Being oversensitive i pursued methods to prove these ppl wrong. It was interesting to see their reaction as it is hard to trace on black paper.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by RVREVO.

Re: Car Art 2 years, 7 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
The Glyder 1100 Mk1 variants.

The following user(s) said Thank You: CollectorandrestorerMark
  • Page: