Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else!
  • Page:

TOPIC: A Few Fords

A Few Fords 2 years, 11 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
I went to a small classic car show a couple of weeks ago & these lovely Fords were there.I spoke to the owner of the Dark blue Transit & he said he has had the van for 17 years & wants to keep it un-restored as the patina of van is how a lot of these vans looked after a few years of working in their day.

Ford Zodiac MK11 Convertible

Ford Consul MK11 Lowline

Ford Zephyr MK1 Convertible

Ford Consul MK2 High Line

Ford Consul MK2 High Line

Ford Transit MK1 Diesel

Ford Transit MK1 Martin Walker Caravanette
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Andy66.

Re: A Few Fords 2 years, 11 months ago #2

nice Fords! what is the mnp638, I don't recognize it?

Re: A Few Fords 2 years, 11 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
That is Dinky 162 with the roof cut off Theo.  

Ford Zephyr Mk1 Convertible 

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: A Few Fords 2 years, 11 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Hi RMNL,
MNP 638, Is a Ford Zephyr Six. The Mk 1's had 3 different models identifiable by the grilles. Consul (4 cylinder) grille was vertical bars but top of grille ran horizontal between the headlights. Zephyr 6 ( straight 6) is as above with raised portion in centre of grille, and Zephyr Zodiac (also a straight 6 ) had the raised portion of grille but with vertical bars in just the raised portion (as the mk2 in the first pic). The raised portion of grille idea was also used on the mk2's & mk3's.
H.T.H.
Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: A Few Fords 2 years, 11 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Don't see these here on NA so don't know most of them by name. They all look good but I have no idea what they are unless I can read the hood, like in the case of the Consul, 5 pictures up. Can't see the rest so have no idea what they are. Looking them up in a book takes too long. Identification is always nice.

Re: A Few Fords 2 years, 11 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Looks like some nice Fords you saw there Andy - very stylish the MK1, 2 (and 3 although not visible here)!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: A Few Fords 2 years, 11 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Sorry all, I have edited the makes of cars with the pictures. If you look at the Consuls you can see the difference with the High Line & Low Line models, the High line was the first model to come out in the MK2's (all models) , the obvious sign is the roof is higher , also the head light embellishers were body coloured & not chrome, this also applied to the rear light clusters on the Consul, there was also less chrome on the High Line Zephyr & the Zodiac. The very early Mk2 Zepphyr's had the "Honeycomb" grill which had rectangle shaped style instead of slats , I think this was the nicer grill although the slatted grill suits the car more.

With regards the Transit MK1 the diesel version had the "bullnose" front to take the size of it's Perkins diesel engine.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Andy66.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: A Few Fords 2 years, 11 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
I will add some models to go with these , the MK1 Convertibles are Triang as is the High line Zephyr which has the "Honeycomb" type grill ( I have got as close up as I can but model is small), the Mk2 Consul Convertable &  is by Lansdowne as too is the Mk1 Zephyr Zodiac , which was the top of the range in these Mk1 & bagded as both either side of the front grill just under the bonnet join, the other Mk2 Consul is a Revell model kit.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL, CollectorandrestorerMark
  • Page: