Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else!
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Swallow

Re: The Swallow 3 years, 1 month ago #16

Platinum Boarder
i think so, and it may even be 2 Brownie points you have earned today,
have fun.

Re: The Swallow 3 years, 1 month ago #17

Platinum Boarder
Well, I still don't know if I did any good deeds.

What i DO know, is, that my day turned out to be very sucessful.......

Just a few blocks to get to our house, one block to go………there was a guy standing in front of his house, who just placed a sign on a pushbike: ‘For sale, 250 euros’. Unbelieveable, but there it was: an almost new Swallow!!!! I started talking to the guy, and he said I could make him an offer as well. In the end we agreed on 210 euros. He said he would keep it for me, but I said there was no need and pointed at my house. I took the 210 euros straight of my pocket, and handed it over to him. He was speechless, and I explained how I got to this amount in my pocket. He gave me the key and spare key, and wished me luck with it. What a birthday this was! 

Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by Keesie.

Re: The Swallow 3 years, 1 month ago #18

Nice! That looks like the model "Kwinte"

Re: The Swallow 3 years, 1 month ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Kwinte and Zwaluw are from the same factory. Besides the logo there is hardly any difference. I found out they are assembled in the province of Friesland.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: The Swallow 3 years, 1 month ago #20

Platinum Boarder
Very nice bike and who would have thought that you could find one so close to home. Wonderful day after all.

Re: The Swallow 3 years ago #21

Platinum Boarder
A great score right at the end. how perfect!

Re: The Swallow 3 years ago #22

Platinum Boarder
I got the subject matter all wrong, when the heading said "The Swallow" I thought the story would have been about one of these........

Last Edit: 3 years ago by Dinkydi.

Re: The Swallow 3 years ago #23

Platinum Boarder
Or this?

• Page: