Real shame about this Routemaster bus
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Real shame about this Routemaster bus

Real shame about this Routemaster bus 5 years, 1 month ago #1

Platinum Boarder
I photographed this Routemaster bus near to where I work, the guy has a few & hires them out, this one broke down & over the week end it was vandalised ,most of the windows were smashed & the inside was wrecked, makes me wonder what sort of pleasure these mindless idiots get out of doing something like this.

The bus has since been taken away for repair.

Last Edit: 5 years, 1 month ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: Real shame about this Routemaster bus 5 years, 1 month ago #2

I agree Andy,

such a shame and those empty headed idiots have no idea at all.

Re: Real shame about this Routemaster bus 5 years, 1 month ago #3

Gold Boarder
It's such a shame that mindless acts of vandalism like this rate very low on Police priority - they give you a crime number and tell you to claim from your insurance, end of their responsibility. I could half-understand if the idiots had stolen the wheels, or some other parts, to sell - still wrong of course, but at least there would have been some reason behind the crime.

Re: Real shame about this Routemaster bus 5 years, 1 month ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Village idiots that is for sure.

Re: Real shame about this Routemaster bus 5 years, 1 month ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Too much time on their hands and no parents at home to teach them how to get along in today's society. Same problem we have over here. Both parents, if the kid has 2, are out working and have no time for their child. If one stays home they can not make ends meet. That is the problem with today's society. Too much at the top and trickle down economy does not work. If people could earn a decent dollar, one of the parents can stay home to raise the children. Otherwise, why have kids in the first place if your not going to raise them yourself. No, let some foreigner raise them in a day care and don't care what values they are being taught. You see the same problem in all advanced nations.
Enough of my rant but that is what leads to all the crime we see today.

Re: Real shame about this Routemaster bus 5 years, 1 month ago #6

Platinum Boarder
and of course as a result kids young adults have no respect for others let alone authority and have become de-sensitised
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Real shame about this Routemaster bus 5 years, 1 month ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Yes, they just don't seem to be interested in anything but themselves. They want a job but don't want to work at it. You see it all the time in stores where you shop. No minds just going about their job with no concern or though, just waiting for the quitting bell and pay day.

Re: Real shame about this Routemaster bus 5 years, 1 month ago #8

Gold Boarder
Another cause we have here in Britain is that we now have many from the second generation who have intentionally never worked. It's too easy to become a professional benefit scrounger, added to which is the endless round of inane "talent" shows on TV, where eminently talentless people get their shot at fame, and the ridiculous pay that it brings. Internet bloggers likewise - kids showing off, and thousands of "followers" contributing to their unearned wealth. Too many youngsters think they are entitled to a rich and easy life, right now, without having to do any hard work. And that, gentleman, is MY rant over....!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Real shame about this Routemaster bus 5 years, 1 month ago #9

Platinum Boarder
I agree with what you say and here in Canada it is not second generation. Some are 5th and 6th generation and still want it all with no work involved. Feelings of entitlement are rampent in the younger generation. What ever happened to hard work and pride in that accomplishement you worked hard to attain. I will never understand that point of view. What makes them think they are entitled. They had helicopter parents and they have participation trophies that are akin to championship trophies. Ridiculous as nobody learns that failing is part of the game and always will be. To teach kids that it does not matter if you win or loose, it is how you play the game is all fine and dandy but you take away from the actual winners with participation trophies. What is the point if everyone gets a winners trophy???? tell me that.
Last Edit: 5 years, 1 month ago by Nobleco.

Re: Real shame about this Routemaster bus 5 years, 1 month ago #10

Platinum Boarder
the term "bubble wrapped society" is in my opinion is the perfect description of our whining, self centred and afraid of everything society.

And this lovely bus will no doubt be repaired by insurance and the cost passed back to the hard workers who pay the premiums as opposed to the criminals

Re: Real shame about this Routemaster bus 5 years, 1 month ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Of course, Society would have it no other way. Don't forget that criminals have as many rights as the rest of society and sometimes even more. How about the guy in the states who breaks into a house to rob them blind only to be shot by an american with a gun (quite common). The criminal can sue him for shooting him and causing him harm. It happens all the time, we just don't hear about it that often.

Re: Real shame about this Routemaster bus 5 years, 1 month ago #12

Platinum Boarder
All very true the above comments, very sad state of society today, hope the bus is repaired OK.
  • Page: