Oldtimer Event in Huizen Sept 17 2016
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Oldtimer Event in Huizen Sept 17 2016

Oldtimer Event in Huizen Sept 17 2016 5 years, 4 months ago #1

Together with Gerrit and Jan I visited the annual Oldtimer Event in Huizen. We had a last ride in Gerrit's Rolls Royce and here are some images from the venue. The weather was not too sunny in the morning, but it was dry and it was very busy with pedal cars, old motorbikes, beautiful restored cars and trucks and a few stalls with modelcars. A few images to give you an idea of what we encountered.

Some pedal cars

The real deal:

Opel

The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Oldtimer Event in Huizen Sept 17 2016 5 years, 4 months ago #2

And some trucks and tractors

BMC? Not only cars. Did Nuffield belong to the group too?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, karls

Re: Oldtimer Event in Huizen Sept 17 2016 5 years, 4 months ago #3

And some models bought too.

Dinky 449 Ford D series Johnston Road Sweeper
Britains Ford 5000 tractor
Siku V348 349 MAN crane
Matchbox no. 5 Routemaster Bus 
Yonezawa Diapet Mitsubishi Cordia  (that was a first for me)

The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Oldtimer Event in Huizen Sept 17 2016 5 years, 4 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Hi Theo, Here is a little bit of info on the Morris Minor Pedal Car.

"The Minor Junior was the concept of Nic Harding,it was designed by Ron Thomas, Chief design engineer at Guys Motors. Launched at the Earls Court Motor fair in 1991 the original production run totalled fifty six. The inevitably high production costs of a quality hand-made product coupled with the early nineties recession resulted in the project being shelved..."

Production seems to have restarted in about 2015 at The Morris Minor Centre in Bath UK.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Oldtimer Event in Huizen Sept 17 2016 5 years, 4 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Some nice and very interesting photos there, Theo, thanks. I live that Borgward, a friend had and Isabella years ago. NIce looking cars. That Morris is interesting and I have to ask, "Is that a real engine" as it has a radiator and an inition coil showing. What a concept.
Looks like you did well with the Johnston Road Sweeper and the Diapet car looks in great shape. Another Routemaster by Matchbox. If there there and the price is cheap you seem to buy them all the time. I have 2 from you now in my collection and thanks again for them.

Re: Oldtimer Event in Huizen Sept 17 2016 5 years, 4 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
It would seem that the Borgward you show is an Isabella after all. I also like that Guy bus and the Tanker truck. The Guy with the indian head is great, "Feathers in our Cap" Have not heard that before.

Re: Oldtimer Event in Huizen Sept 17 2016 5 years, 4 months ago #7

Thanks Jim,

I thought it was a working engine, but I did not ask.
The Borgward is the Isabella.

I can't make the link between the Indian and Guy. Somebody knows?

Re: Oldtimer Event in Huizen Sept 17 2016 5 years, 4 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Hi all, if you like I will add some pictures to Theo's input. It was really a lovely day in Huizen, with incredible vehicles, the ones we love to collect on smaller than 1:1 scale. 

Kind regards, Jan
Last Edit: 5 years, 4 months ago by janwerner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, karls, RoutemasterNL

Re: Oldtimer Event in Huizen Sept 17 2016 5 years, 4 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Love those motorized bikes, they look like a lot of fun. The Austin Taxi is nice to see and did not see any on our trip. We did do a bunch of Taxi rides in London and in Leicester though they were newer London Cabs. Some are really expensive but we learned to order them instead of flagging them unless it was just a short distance. Got taken on the trip from Heathrow to St Pancras Station though. That was not cheap.
That ANWB will be of some interest to Richard K. as his Dad worked for them back in the day.
I would not want to ride in that bus after a late night of drinking with that pasley design on the seats. WoW!!!
Thanks for showing these extra pictures Jan, they are always nice to see.

Re: Oldtimer Event in Huizen Sept 17 2016 5 years, 4 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
RoutemasterNL wrote:
Thanks Jim,

I thought it was a working engine, but I did not ask.
The Borgward is the Isabella.

I can't make the link between the Indian and Guy. Somebody knows?

I thought it was an Isabella, enlarged the photo to make sure.

The link between the Indian head and the Guy is on Wikipedia below.

In 1924 the company adopted the slogan 'Feathers in our Cap' which led to the addition of a Native American mascot to their vehicles. 1924 also saw Guy produce the first ever dropped frame chassis for passenger vehicles (the B-type). This design allowed passengers to enter buses in a single step and became extremely popular, Guy receiving an order for 170 from Rio de Janeiro

Below is a Guy Otter with Indian head

And a Guy Bus in Amersham. This is a more artistic head.

The following user(s) said Thank You: karls, RoutemasterNL

Re: Oldtimer Event in Huizen Sept 17 2016 5 years, 4 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Great photos all !!!!

Love those pedal cars!
  • Page: