European Ford Sierras Ex Police cars
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else!
  • Page:

TOPIC: European Ford Sierras Ex Police cars

European Ford Sierras Ex Police cars 5 years, 11 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Hi guys just a quick one been thinking ! while collecting the corgi police cars i love the German  and the Dutch examples . So heres the question what happens to these cars at the end of service in your countries ? Are they auctioned off to the public ? if so do you guys know any one who has one ? would love to add one to my fleet ! If i can get the RIGHT bits to put it back to its Police spec Ie do the Police sell the lights radios etc And do any of your Police forces keep examples of the cars they have used ? Any help guys will be much appreciated, THANKS.

Re: European Ford Sierras Ex Police cars 5 years, 11 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
In the 1960's my Uncle brought an ex-Police Ford Consul which was all Black and had a hole in the roof, temporarily covered with a small panel. It came from what at the time, was a big well established car auction centre in the UK. 

The front seat was broken and lent back a very long way!

One can only guess at what adventures this car was put through! 

I don't know the current situation of ex-Police car sales, but I would imagine they still get passed over for resale at auction centres.

Rollerman.

Re: European Ford Sierras Ex Police cars 5 years, 11 months ago #3

Living in The Netherlands, I must confess that I don't know concerning the Politie .
I know years ago there were some Porsche Targa cars in use, perhaps a few of them were too valuable to be scrapped. Other than that I really don't know, have not seen them on auction sites ever

Last Edit: 5 years, 11 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: European Ford Sierras Ex Police cars 5 years, 11 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Roller man thanks FAB story and one of my all time favourite British Police cars ! from the first time i saw one in my all time favourite films Whistle down the wind. Thats not Jesus thats a fella. So had to get one . At one time i had 63 0r so original British Police cars vans and bikes.From the 40s to 90s But had to let a few go as it was far too much to maintain.It was the largest privately owned collection in the UK . All were housed at the M.O .D hq at Stansted essex in an aircraft hangar Also had a few yanks N.Y.P.D etc but just for fun lol Thanks Routemaster for that so you dont see any at car shows etc ? or know of any that have been restored privately ?

Re: European Ford Sierras Ex Police cars 5 years, 11 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
WOW Routemaster thats a must have. THANKS

Re: European Ford Sierras Ex Police cars 5 years, 11 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Corgi once made one of those.

Rollerman.

Re: European Ford Sierras Ex Police cars 5 years, 11 months ago #7

Sierra1 wrote:
WOW Routemaster thats a must have. THANKS

yeah I agree, but I wouldn't want to see one in the mirror  if I was speeding.......

No police cars on display when I visited old timer events over here. Perhaps it is illegal to have them. I have to ask around
Last Edit: 5 years, 11 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: European Ford Sierras Ex Police cars 5 years, 11 months ago #8

I think Corgi made a slight mistake there, german police cars were green and white, the dutch porsche was orange and white. And ofcourse, there is a correct one issued by corgi

Re: European Ford Sierras Ex Police cars 5 years, 11 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
When I was in Germany in 1970 I do not remember any other color but all white. I was hitch hiking on the Auto Bon, which is illegal, at least back then, and got stopped by one of these Porsche. Did not have the light on a stalk on the rear but on the Dash and in the rear window. It was a Highway chaser, I was told and he gave me a ride to the next exit, some 10 or so miles down the road. NO seat to sit on so I sat on my back pack,mostly in the rear seat. Was it fast and accelerated up to about 140 K in no time at all. Seemed like about 5 seconds. He was a really nice guy and we had a good talk about Germany, cars and Canada.
Last Edit: 5 years, 11 months ago by Nobleco.
  • Page: