Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else!

TOPIC: My vehicles

My vehicles 4 years, 9 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
As a young guy I first had a Honda moped, and then a Kreidler. Got my bike-license first, and then came the first real motorbike, a Honda 450. It kept breaking down, and I traded it in for a Honda CB750. This was in 1976. I ended up with a CB750 K7, which I kept. When it got older, I found replacing parts was so expensive, that I decided to buy an identical one for the spares. I ended up with two complete identical bikes.

These pictures are made in 2011.

When a friend wanted to sell his CB750F2 bike, it was so tempting, I bought it.....

Last Edit: 4 years, 9 months ago by Keesie.

Re: My vehicles 4 years, 9 months ago #2

Expert Boarder
Nice...

Re: My vehicles 4 years, 9 months ago #3

They look the part, so you now have 3?

Mopeds, and motorcycles were never my cup of tea. I am a bicycle man

Re: My vehicles 4 years, 9 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
The Honda trilogy, some fine bikes you have there.

Re: My vehicles 4 years, 9 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Thanks guys. NO, this is only the start of my story. In 1991, I decided to buy this one. It is a beast, and 'unfortunately' I could not trade in anything.

Re: My vehicles 4 years, 9 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Well, as no one seems to be interested in Harley's.........

I started with 'winter-cars' from when I was young: I bought an old car before the winter, and sold it again in spring, when I took out my bike. During the years the cars became less cheap, and they lasted longer and longer. At first the cheap cars just had to take me from A to B. Later, when I could afford more expensive cars, I had, still have, the tendency to by a sporty car. This is the one I had before my recent one. It was a fine car, and it stayed with me for 14 years!

Re: My vehicles 4 years, 9 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
see that silver Mitsubishi across the road?
I had one of those

Re: My vehicles 4 years, 9 months ago #8

Gold Boarder
I always liked the original Honda 750. Great bikes. They sound excelent !

Re: My vehicles 4 years, 9 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
I have never owned a Japanese car and I hope that situation does not have to change.

Re: My vehicles 4 years, 9 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Thanks guys. So, those 3 Honda's were complete with original tools and maintenance books. Because I then had the Harley, I did not do anything with them, apart from letting them run now and then. Also the model car workbench took more and more room, so I decided to sell the Hondas. One guy, who has a shop in old bikes, came over and bought them all three in one go. Especially the first one, which I had for 33 years, I let go with a slight pain in my heart. The guy rang me later, saying he sold that one, and the new owner was a very happy man. So that was a sort of relief. Good to know someone is glad riding it.  

So, over to the car section.

Re: My vehicles 4 years, 9 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
I would love to own a Bentley Continental.
I just can't afford to buy, maintain or keep it.
Maybe if I win lotto I'll get one or two then.

In the mean time do not criticism my Toyota Echo. It's very economical and for the past three years the oil is clear. That's not bad for a 13yo car with 145000 km on the clock

Re: My vehicles 4 years, 9 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Was that Harley an Electra Glide?

Looks similar to my favourite Polistil.

That must be a dream ride.

Re: My vehicles 4 years, 9 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Greg, the Electra Glide in your picture is earlier than mine. Although with Harleys it is quite difficult how old they are, because an average Harley has a 'timeless' look. Mine is called an Ultra Glide. I also have a model of it, here it is.

Re: My vehicles 4 years, 9 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
So......over to the cars?

Re: My vehicles 4 years, 9 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Talk of Harley's always gets me going. Having owned three and worked on hundreds, I know a bit about the older ones. Mine were as 1942 Harley 45 war bike, 1947 Knuckle head, 74 cu.in. and a 1972 Harley Servi-Car with 45 engine. The 45 refers to the engine size in cubic inches. The Knuckle was completely rebuild as was the Servi-Car. I still have the manuals for all three but one is with a friend at the moment.

That is me on the right with my good buddy Niels, may he rest in peace. He us in his Shovel Head and I am on my Knuckle Head. For those who do not know. the names refer to the type of engine cylinder head they had. I also had a Pan Head. It was a show bike.

Here is the Servi-Car. It used to have a wide glide front end but I sold it to buy the Springer it has on here. The box if fibre glass but I wanted to replace it with a metal one. 

I still need to find the better pics of the Knuckle Head and the Pan Head.
Last Edit: 4 years, 9 months ago by Nobleco.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim