garages & service stations
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: garages & service stations

Re: garages & service stations 2 years, 5 months ago #316

Platinum Boarder
Those pumps were among the first of my Dinky Toys when I was a kid. Grandma and Grandpa gave me a couple cars and these pumps. I sill have them and they still have the hoses. Mine is in better shape than yours but your will look great restored. Fits in nicely with the garage too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: garages & service stations 2 years, 5 months ago #317

Platinum Boarder
Will look great in a mixed combination of scale.

Re: garages & service stations 1 year, 7 months ago #318

Platinum Boarder
The seller I bought this from said that this was a set , this may be correct as Telsalda / Lucky Toys did many different sets, the Shell sign is the first I have seen & it is fantastic that it has survived, The Sunbeam has lost it's roof & windscreen which is a shame but I will try to replace them with a folded down hood.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL, CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: garages & service stations 1 year, 7 months ago #319

Platinum Boarder
That is a nice set. I like the Sunbeam. A buddy used to have one and it was loads of fun driving around in it during the summer. It looks to me like the base on the fuel pumps looks similar to the Dinky base for their fuel pumps.

Re: garages & service stations 1 year, 7 months ago #320

Platinum Boarder
No. 123, Alpine with it's roof looks nice.

The petrol pumps and Shell sign certainly are from Lucky Toys and several sets were marketed. Set 6603 has the MG 'TD' and a speedboat with trailer.

Set 6601 has an E-Type Jaguar and a roof rack carrying a spare wheel!

Rollerman.

Re: garages & service stations 1 year, 7 months ago #321

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Rollerman, not sure if the Alpine was part of the set , it may have been.
I have a grey complete one also a rally one & the MG.

Re: garages & service stations 1 year, 7 months ago #322

Platinum Boarder
The cars could all have been sold separately as well as some of the better sellers being placed in sets.

Re: garages & service stations 1 year, 3 months ago #323

Platinum Boarder
I got some garage attendants & a some other garage bits today, the figures are made in Hong Kong & are of a rubbery type , they have I think a tyre missing & a oil can from the guy's left hand , I have not seen these figures before & bought this little lot because of them & the Shell sign.

Re: garages & service stations 1 year, 3 months ago #324

Platinum Boarder
Nice score. It looks like the guy with the brown hair is missing something in his left hand too. Maybe a wrench?

Re: garages & service stations 1 year, 3 months ago #325

Platinum Boarder
He still has his hand it is clenched to grip what i think would be an oil can.

Re: garages & service stations 1 year, 3 months ago #326

Platinum Boarder
Hello Andy. I will say he would be clutching a the window cleaner brush.

Re: garages & service stations 1 year, 3 months ago #327

Platinum Boarder
James has the blond on the right with the rag, Window squeegee makes sense.
I was talking about the guy in the middle with the brown hair. You say that is the one missing the oil can. He does have a very dirty rag in his other hand to that makes sense too. The guy with white helmet looks like a race driver and may not even go with these other 2. Could be a race official or track official of some sort. Is that where you think a tire might go? It must have holes in the bottom to fit over the two prongs coming out of the base. Or a gas jockey pumping gas?

Re: garages & service stations 1 year, 3 months ago #328

Platinum Boarder
There is a very good chance that these are from a racing car set , they most defiantly are from same set as they all have holes in bases possibly to hold them in the box they came in for display.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: garages & service stations 10 months, 2 weeks ago #329

Platinum Boarder
I got this nice Shell petrol pump & tyre rack set this week.

barclays cash point locator
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: garages & service stations 10 months, 2 weeks ago #330

Platinum Boarder
That looks like a great catch. They are still around which is nice to see.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim, Andy66