garages & service stations
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: garages & service stations

Re: garages & service stations 3 years ago #301

Follow this link and you will find more about Avon Toys.

swiftysgarage.net/topic/9045731/1/

Re: garages & service stations 3 years ago #302

Platinum Boarder
I put this picture in another thread a few years ago it shows the range of "smilers" that corgi made for Avon

As it is today Corgi make promotionals or B2B models and some retailers or corgi do not wish the makers name on the models, so a blanking plate is used that is held in with a grub screw

This is a B2B (brand 2 brand)
Last Edit: 3 years ago by LUFF.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: garages & service stations 3 years ago #303

Platinum Boarder
RoutemasterNL wrote:
Follow this link and you will find more about Avon Toys.

swiftysgarage.net/topic/9045731/1/

Swiftys Garage is good for information and go there on the odd occasions.

Re: garages & service stations 3 years ago #304

Platinum Boarder
Thanks very much all for your help in identifying this garage, this is a great help to me.

Re: garages & service stations 2 years, 12 months ago #305

Platinum Boarder
Taking this to a larger scale, even a child of 51 years of age can create so much fun & imagination from toys.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: garages & service stations 2 years, 12 months ago #306

Platinum Boarder
Oh fantastic just what I would need. I suppose they will have the charger for those electric cars too soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: garages & service stations 2 years, 12 months ago #307

Platinum Boarder
Nice to see a back yard scene with you Pedal Cars. Complete with an outside repair shop. Thanks,

Re: garages & service stations 2 years, 6 months ago #308

Platinum Boarder
This is the very rare Casdon Motorway service Station from circa 1979. I have tried to put the models as on the box but although I have them all I can not find where some are.The base is made of hardboard which locks together like a jigsaw, it is all complete & what a great toy this was.

The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim, CollectorandrestorerMark, 143Madness, fseelye

Re: garages & service stations 2 years, 6 months ago #309

Platinum Boarder
Very nice combination set by Casdon although I have never heard of this toy garage set before. Goes well with those Matchbox vehicles that also look in very good condition for their age. Many thanks.

Re: garages & service stations 2 years, 6 months ago #310

Platinum Boarder
I have some of these 70's Matchbox in Mint Original Boxes from a collection I purchased a few years ago inside an old disused Church.

Some of which I acquired online also.

Nice Vintage Motorway Services model you got there!
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by 143Madness.

Re: garages & service stations 2 years, 6 months ago #311

Platinum Boarder
As with the set all models from my mint & boxed collection. When I googled this it comes under "Autoshite" , not sure where this came from as the writer must have not have had a child's imagination when titling this.

Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by Andy66.

Re: garages & service stations 2 years, 6 months ago #312

Platinum Boarder
Love that service station and quite a rare item these Days despite it being of such recent manufacture.

Casdon were (or are, as they are still in business), like Merit and Tudor Rose, they made all sorts of toys, games and novelty items.

Casdon were unique in being able to make authorised lisensed toys, toys designed to look and operate like real household items as the 1986 catalogue cover shows below.

My interest in Casdon stemmed from my Brother's plastic ride on Rolls-Royce as shown below.

Sadly this is not the actual example, that is long gone and was the Red version. The index plates are in a poly bag on the model and they depict the catalogue number so read as...CB 188.

Rollerman.

Re: garages & service stations 2 years, 6 months ago #313

Platinum Boarder
I have this Roly-Poly, I have shown on pedal cars topic, I mostly knew Casdon Toys from my sisters toys which included cash registers (tills) & vacumn cleaners.

Re: garages & service stations 2 years, 6 months ago #314

What a great lay-out and it still provides playvalue!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim, Andy66

Re: garages & service stations 2 years, 5 months ago #315

Platinum Boarder
These Dinky pumps will go with my Dinky service Station, I have got a set of water slides if I want to restore them.