garages & service stations
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: garages & service stations

Re: garages & service stations 3 years, 1 month ago #286

Platinum Boarder
I got this today , I will show more of it on the Spot-On topic, it needs some restoration.

The following user(s) said Thank You: CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: garages & service stations 3 years, 1 month ago #287

Platinum Boarder
Thanks shall be looking forward to the restorations and going by the photo there is some by the looks of it.

Re: garages & service stations 3 years, 1 month ago #288

take a look at the ad! that alone is worthwhile saving

Re: garages & service stations 3 years, 1 month ago #289

Platinum Boarder
Andy has posted more photos on the Spot On forum post as well if anyone is interested.

Re: garages & service stations 3 years, 1 month ago #290

Platinum Boarder
Here are the Spot-On & the Minic garages together , with the correct pumps, they are missing a tyre pressure air machine.

Reading the Spot-On book regards the garage these are garage type "A" & "B" , "B" being the deluxe version with added forecourt .

I hope to copy the ramps later & I will add the pictures to the Spot-On Topic.

Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by Andy66.

Re: garages & service stations 3 years, 1 month ago #291

Platinum Boarder

Re: garages & service stations 3 years, 1 month ago #292

That is so nice!

Re: garages & service stations 3 years ago #293

Platinum Boarder
This tiny garage is made by Gilco in England & the seller said that it is from the 1940's? I will have a look on this but it is tiny & complete & boxed, I have put a Matchbox car by it to show scale. it says on the box that it is the tiniest garage in the world, it is most certain the smallest in my collection.

Last Edit: 3 years ago by Andy66.

Re: garages & service stations 3 years ago #294

Superb! Never seen these before

Re: garages & service stations 3 years ago #295

Platinum Boarder
I had only seen one in a book & was pleasantly surprised on how tiny it is & all complete & boxed.
Last Edit: 3 years ago by Andy66.

Re: garages & service stations 3 years ago #296

Platinum Boarder
Before Micro Machines came of age, there was Gilco pocket money garage plus two toys that just might fit into ones pocket.

Re: garages & service stations 3 years ago #297

Platinum Boarder
These are cool and remind me of the Barkley toys I have here. 40mm Long x 20mm Wide x 15mm High. I have Midge toys about the same size and some mini Tootsie toys a bit bigger. Small cars like this are great and do fit in a pocket quite nicely, I would think
Your cars look much smaller than those I show below

Last Edit: 3 years ago by Nobleco.

Re: garages & service stations 3 years ago #298

Gold Boarder
Very nice . And so small !

Re: garages & service stations 3 years ago #299

Platinum Boarder
That is a nice little set of cars you have there Nobleco they do look bigger.

This one is a mystery , it is made by Avon toys , I presume that Avon is the cosmetic company where the "Avon Lady" got her customers by knocking on doors & this may have been a Christmas special which contained small soaps or bubble bath which when they were finished the child had a toy garage to play with. It is based on the Husky/Corgi Junior garage although the back panel is different  (although I know that there was a service station & this may have had this back) & a raised roof section , possibly to hold the soaps or what ever

?
The following user(s) said Thank You: CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: garages & service stations 3 years ago #300

Platinum Boarder
Lovely good photos Avon ladies yes meet the odd one or two. Used to get those made in Hong Kong Avon old timers.

Cheers.
Last Edit: 3 years ago by GunnerJim.