garages & service stations
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: garages & service stations

garages & service stations 5 years, 11 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Another collecting passion I have is toy garages. I have quite a few & I have posted some of these on other topics.

This Triang Miniic one is my latest , I already have this but what is nice about this one , is that I bought it from it's original owner & it has the original box & the although not complete the all important pumps. The box even has christmas labels on it where it was given to him for christmas.

It was made for the Triang Minic range from the fifties which I do not have many models so I have put the Spot-On cars with it as it was later changed to this range with the "Billboard" changed to Spot-On.

Mettoy tinplate

Triang Spot-On

Unknown 1980's

Made in Hong Kong

Matchbox Service station

Home made

Corgi

Telsalda/Lucky toys Hong Kong

Telsalda/ Lucky Toy's

Re: garages & service stations 5 years, 11 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Mate, all of them look so good,i never knew you had so many, well done. And that new one is out of this world, its the same as my dads minic one, but we didnt know it had a forecourt ? never seen that before and the Tri-ang pumps - WOW - nice one mate.In fact, I love all of them.
Last Edit: 5 years, 11 months ago by Sierra1.

Re: garages & service stations 5 years, 11 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
These are fantastic Andy. Great for displaying models.

Thanks for sharing.

Re: garages & service stations 5 years, 11 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Many thanks, I have more but they are in storage will add when I get them out but will take time.

This one was a free with Kelloggs Corn Flakes in the early 90's it went with there Corgi Cameo give away's.

Re: garages & service stations 5 years, 11 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
My guess is that this one is Mettoy, it is a fold flat one made from tinplate & hardboard, very USA in style.

Re: garages & service stations 5 years, 11 months ago #6

Great garages, thanks for sharing

Re: garages & service stations 5 years, 11 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Found this garage lift in Belgium , there is no sign who made it .Anyone ?

Re: garages & service stations 5 years, 11 months ago #8

it looks tinplate to me. Marx perhaps?

Re: garages & service stations 5 years, 11 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
It is tinplate ; the fences are partly made of wood and the floor is carton

Re: garages & service stations 5 years, 11 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
It's a nice looking piece, I have never seen this before, it may be West German.

Re: garages & service stations 5 years, 10 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
I like garages, but they normally lack a certain realism. Having said that, even toy garages are still sold:

This is from Norev and is a Porsche-dealership Garage with 3 cars included (so there are other Norevs and SIKU's displayed here)

Here is a BP petrol station which by the looks of things was photographed in the middle of the holiday season.

Re: garages & service stations 5 years, 10 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Very good collection you have in the fill them up quick with gas man. Well petrol station, service station, filling station hell garage with mechanic on hand. I do have three types of service station of old including the BP plastic push together kit type above.

Re: garages & service stations 5 years, 10 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Nice to see some modern garages, I don't think that they lacked realism  as you could buy all sorts of extras for them including decals & flags, as a child to collector I still have my memories of playing with my garage & I made the toy seem real, I have my original garage in storage & I will post picture when I find it out.
Last Edit: 5 years, 10 months ago by Andy66.

Re: garages & service stations 5 years, 10 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Here is the Dinky Toys pre-war service and filling station, along with the Dinky Gas Pumps and other assorted Dinky vehicles and figures.  A really neat piece with lots of detail printed onto the tinplate.

Terry

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: garages & service stations 5 years, 10 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Very nice Dinky garage with service parts on hand