Mike Zarnock Joins Die Cast X Team!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
General discussions about Hot Wheels
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mike Zarnock Joins Die Cast X Team!

Mike Zarnock Joins Die Cast X Team! 11 years, 4 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
"Die Cast X Magazine is pleased to announce its partnership with Hot Wheels historian Mike Zarnock. Zarnock’s knowledge of the Hot Wheels brand and it products will allow him to make a valuable contribution to Die Cast X. “We are honored to have Mike join our team. A passionate collector of Hot Wheels himself, Mike knows what the Hot Wheels community wants to learn about and what is important to showcase.” Says Andy Goodman Die Cast X Editor-in-Chief.

Re: Mike Zarnock Joins Die Cast X Team! 11 years, 4 months ago #2

Senior Boarder
Congrats Mike

Re: Mike Zarnock Joins Die Cast X Team! 11 years, 4 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I would like everyone to give me some ideas as to what they would like me to write about in upcoming issues. No sense in me writing about stuff nobody wants to read about! Ya know?

Re: Mike Zarnock Joins Die Cast X Team! 11 years, 4 months ago #4

Senior Boarder
Thats great news Mike.Well done.
Something I'd write about is that as much as I love the cars with Cool graphics and tampos,I'd like to see every now and then a car released in the Premiere series that looked back to the origins of the brand.
Spectraflame paint and five spokes with Redlines.
But thats just me.
For the most part though I think they do get the mix pretty right between the more fantasy type cars and depictions of real road cars.
I have noticed that military type vehicles don't make much of an appearence these days maybe you could do a peice on that.
Perhaps it maybe seen in bad taste to have military vehicles as "toys" during a time when our countries are at war.
Something to ponder.It would be interesting to look at that history and whether Mattel released military vehicles during the Vietnam era and the Gulf war of the early 90's period.
I remember the "Gunslinger" came out in '75 so that was right at the end of Vietnam.Then in '76 Aw Shoot,Gun Bucket and Khaki Kooler were released.I think the Olds 442 got the military treatment and was released as the Staff Car in '76 or '77.
If we jump forwad to '89 there were 4 military vehicles in the line up Troop Convoy,Jeep CJ-7,Command Tank and Tail Gunner.The next two years '90 and'91 which coincide with the Gulf War we see no military vehicles or paint .Its not until '92 do we see another military vehicle released and its The Hummer .Probably the most famous military vehicle of its era so much so that sports stars and movie stars alike started buying them as status symbols.
There maybe a story there somewhere.Just a thought.
  • Page: