Sandown and more
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
General discussions about Hot Wheels

TOPIC: Sandown and more

Re: Sandown and more 10 months, 1 week ago #16

Platinum Boarder
<p>At 11 I revealed the models, but NO one really waited for that moment. Ok, there are always people passing by, but no one waited. In fact, a Belgian guy who has always been 'interested' in my Beatles mobile came by at 10 to 11, and he did not want to wait........</p>
<p>So I expected to do some sort of speech for each model, but no. What DID happen was that several people had their attention on the my makings, and during the day I explained them to 1, 2, or maybe 3 people at the time. This was fun. There was only ONE person who said he did not agree on waht I was doing: why show something you do not want to sell.......no discussion, he went off, poor guy.</p>
<p>Here some pictures of the day.</p>
<p>The Vectis department. Each model highly priced.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Sandown and more 10 months, 1 week ago #17

Platinum Boarder
<p>There were hardly any kids, but it occurred to me that there were more women than usual. Some with their friend or husband, but also alone or in couples.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>The usual spot is for the old guy's club and their train lay out.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Sandown and more 10 months, 1 week ago #18

Platinum Boarder
<p>And finally here my buys. As you can see all but one (a Daimler 1910) well played with.</p>
<p>The VW Breakdowns still have essential toolbox covers, the Batmobile has the Batlogo wheels, the figurines are all for Daimlers, the DB5 has the roof and the ejector seat works.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Sandown and more 10 months, 1 week ago #19

Platinum Boarder
<p>Best of all were the parts I found in one box, for the Musical Ice Cream van. It was takenne apart, and actually in mint state before that. The complete bumper/suspension unit was untouched, and above all, look at the musical device: all teeth are still on the comb!!!!! This never happened to me before, and I would have given a small fortune to find out WHY the previous owner ever opened it. Only the wheels and the roof logo are missing.</p>
<p>
share images free</p>
Last Edit: 10 months, 1 week ago by Keesie.

Re: Sandown and more 10 months, 1 week ago #20

Platinum Boarder
<p>Around 3 we packed up, and drove back to the Chunnel. The same trip vica versa, when we arrived at my friends place we noticed here had not been rain in our absence. At exactly 12 midnight I was home again. Again a great trip, a one or two day 'holiday' as I consider it.</p>

Re: Sandown and more 10 months, 1 week ago #21

Platinum Boarder
The Sandown Toy fair always looks great, however I am always doing something when it is on, one day I will get to it. I like your pictures of day Keesie & you have again bought some good buys.
The Walls Icecream van is being reproduced by Corgi, I have mint boxed ones in both types, so I ordered a repro one the other day from a leaflet I got in one of my model magazines, it is an offer of £1.99 , I am not sure what the deal is but I will find out when it comes.

Re: Sandown and more 10 months, 1 week ago #22

Platinum Boarder
Great report and looks like a lot of people attended the show and sale.
There is always someone who will grip at what your doing is not right but that is the way it goes. Their lose to me.
Nice finds and I think you got them all cheap. Amazing on the Wall's Ice Cream van. That music box looks like it has never even been used. Great score.
The rest are your typical finds but nice to see the Bond car works and has all its gadgets.
Looks like a Mustang in there too.

Re: Sandown and more 10 months, 1 week ago #23

Platinum Boarder
<p>Andy, I have seen very cheap models which look like those ice cream vans, same colour scheme. They are sold as single models or in a 3 pack.</p>
<p>Yes Jim, I am on a PC. The whole lot was about 38 pounds, so less than 4 pounds a model.</p>

Re: Sandown and more 10 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
If you don't mind me putting it on your topic Keesie this is the Corgi repro coming out.
upload image and link

Re: Sandown and more 10 months ago #25

Platinum Boarder
<p>Now look at that! At first I thought Atlas would now concentrate on Corgi......</p>
<p>It seems the same, with box and musical card. The small b/w picture of the musical device shows a comb with broken teeth though.........</p>

Re: Sandown and more 10 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
It looks as if the bumpers aren't as bright as the originals, it's possible that they have taken the picture of the musical device from a picture from the net.

Re: Sandown and more 10 months ago #27

Platinum Boarder
<p>I googeled a bit and found the site: 1.99, postage FREE!!!! !I tried to order, and........succeeded!!!!! Although GB orientated nowhere they say you can't order from abroad. My order was confirmed!</p>
<p>After that I want to the Corgi-Hornby site, and it is not advertised there.......what IS advertised is that a replica of the Chitty will be available for 25 pounds. In fact, I saw one in Sandown for 20 pounds, in box. It looks very good!</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Re: Sandown and more 10 months ago #28

Platinum Boarder
<p>And the site even announces more old Corgi Toys: Ford Mustang, Ford Cortina Estate, VW Safari, Chrysler Imperial............</p>
Last Edit: 10 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Sandown and more 10 months ago #29

Platinum Boarder
I am not sure about those being "announced" Keesie they are just showing the Walls in an old catalogue.

Re: Sandown and more 10 months ago #30

Some great finds for you Kees. And I am glad everything went well and you had a great time in Sandown