Sandown and more
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
General discussions about Hot Wheels

TOPIC: Sandown and more

Sandown and more 10 months, 1 week ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>I know, I have been absent for a while. I had to 'force' myself to concentrate on some other things. We have two new family members who take a lot of my time, but also a lot of time goes into my latest model. It is going well, but it takes so much time. I am not going to tell too much, but it will be the ultimate Corgi Toy!</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Sandown and more 10 months, 1 week ago #2

Platinum Boarder
I just have a little more than two days left to finish it, as I am off to the Sandown Toyfair on Thursday. I have the plan to show just four models there: the Beatles mobile, the new James Bond DB5 I did recently, the Budget Batmobile and this one I am doing now.

Re: Sandown and more 10 months, 1 week ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Good luck with the project.

Re: Sandown and more 10 months, 1 week ago #4

Understood! I hope you have a great time in Sandown and make some photos of the revelation of the newest Corgi

Re: Sandown and more 10 months, 1 week ago #5

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks Theo and Jim. I just finished the project. I am in doubt to either start the show now or after Sandown.....</p>

Re: Sandown and more 10 months, 1 week ago #6

do it at Sandown, that is my advice

Re: Sandown and more 10 months, 1 week ago #7

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks Theo, but why not start here, now? Ah, probably, when no one has an interest in it at Sandown, I better not place it here either......</p>

Re: Sandown and more 10 months, 1 week ago #8

Platinum Boarder
I for one am curious as to what the project is and would love to see pictures regardless of the results at Sandown

Re: Sandown and more 10 months, 1 week ago #9

Platinum Boarder
<p>Ok Jim, I will make a start, especially for you....and for Kevin.</p>
Last Edit: 10 months, 1 week ago by Keesie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Sandown and more 10 months, 1 week ago #10

Platinum Boarder
<p>Back from Sandown. I had a great time. Here the report.</p>
<p>Thursday afternoon dry but cloudy, I started the Mustang and drove to my friend in the south. A 150 kilometer ride, which took 3 hours due to traffic jams. With me only a small bag with personal stuf and the four models I wanted to show. A meal and early sleep. The next morning we packed my friends van, a Citroen Berlingo. He always carries a lot of stuf for sale. We set off around 8 and around 12 came to the Chunnel at Dunkirk. The ride took 28 minutes (last year it was 20 minutes. )</p>
<p>From an opening door in the side you drive onto the train, which has two floors.</p>

Re: Sandown and more 10 months, 1 week ago #11

Platinum Boarder
<p>The driveway is quite narrow, and no doubt not suited for American cars. The Berlingo is high, but not very wide. On each side we ahad about 15 centimeters left before we would 'hit' the small ridge, but there was MPV van behind us which only has about 2,5 centimeters on each side left.......</p>
<p>4 Cars go into one compartment, which is then closed. You can step out of the car and stand on the narrow 'pavement'. Also there are small doors so you can go to other compartments by foot.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Sandown and more 10 months, 1 week ago #12

Platinum Boarder
<p>On the other side you come out at Dover. Drizzly weather, and a 2 hours drive to the small hotel in Sandown. Sandown is no more than a crosssing of two roads, the majority of the buildings are shops, and some side streets, no real centre. The race course with the toyfair is behind that crossing. After dropping our stuff at the hotel we went into the village. With a Dutch bank card (I knew this from last year) I could get British pounds out of the wall. It really started raining then. So, after some little shopping (some small jewelry for my wife) we went back to the hotel, and had dinner there. And early sleep, and the next moring we got up at 6. (it is an hour earlier in GB compared to the mainland, already in winter-time).</p>

Re: Sandown and more 10 months, 1 week ago #13

Platinum Boarder
<p>Around 7 we got into line for the entrance of the building. First, from 7.30 till 8 there is the 'Early birds'. Here some pictures of those moments.</p>
<p>
free image hosting website</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Re: Sandown and more 10 months, 1 week ago #14

Platinum Boarder
<p>At 8 the doors are opened. There are doors on all sides of the building, and as we are always in the same spot we had to ride around the building to the rear.</p>
<p>Here a view from were our table was to the main hall. This is at 8, so you can see the sellers building up their stall.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Sandown and more 10 months, 1 week ago #15

Platinum Boarder
<p>My friend always wants to build his stall on his own, which is ideal for me. I can go through the hall when all sellers are unpacking, and not crowded. I know the stall of a big seller who only does scrap, so the day was a succes for me at first instant! I will show you what I bought in total at the end of the report. Coming back to our stall my friend was ready with his part, and I placed my four models on the spce he left for me. I decided to cover them up with the announcment: new Corgi prototypes revealed at 11 o'clock.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>