Platinum Boarder
<p>Ok, just recieved the second bag with 100 figures from Hong Kong.</p>
<p>I arranged them all, and I counted 100.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Figures, figurines 1 year, 2 months ago #32

Platinum Boarder
<p>Now then, I showed you a figure from the batch I bought years ago. It measures about 4 centimeters, and cut up and painted it is ideal for a car like the Corgi Daimler.</p>
<p>The figures I recieved now are slightly smaller. Here a picture of about the same guy, as I received now.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Figures, figurines 1 year, 2 months ago #33

Platinum Boarder
<p>And here the 'old' and the 'new' one together. A slight difference in height, and luckily the new ones can be used.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>

Re: Figures, figurines 1 year, 2 months ago #34

Platinum Boarder
If the tall guy is about 6 foot then the other would be about 5' 10" or 5' 9" in height. He will fit and look better in sports cars etc.

Re: Figures, figurines 1 year, 2 months ago #35

Platinum Boarder
<p>Indeed, the small guy fits not only in sports cars, but also in coupe/closed car. Im most of these you do not see their lower legs so if there is not enough space you can cut them off.</p>

Re: Figures, figurines 5 months, 2 weeks ago #36

Platinum Boarder
<p>Keesie wrote:
</p>
<p>Thanks Jim. First of all we need these codes:</p>
<p>N is 1:16</p>
<p>HO is 1:87</p>
<p>O is 1:48</p>
<p>G is 1:24</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please note that O (gauge) is 1:43rd in the UK and the reason why we have 1:43rd scale as a car scale.  In the USA O (gauge is 1:48th).</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Figures, figurines 5 months, 2 weeks ago #37

Platinum Boarder
<p>Keesie wrote:
</p>
<p>Now take the golden Bond Aston. Figures are quite small, and just when you think Corgi did 1:43 (pre 1970), the Bond model is actually 1:48! At least, Corgi says so in the little red book. The difference between 1:43 and 1:48 is not much, and in most cases figures of a certain scale can be used in both. However, the bigger trucks Corgi did  are mostly in the scale 1:50. (this was to save costs) Try to imagine a figure in a Chipperfields 1130 Horse transporter (1:50), and then in a Bond Aston (1:43). They would both fit, because the scales are very close to one another.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>The difference between 1:43rd scale and 1:48th is vast as your Corgi James Bond Aston Martin suggests. Just place side by side the same model in these scales and the difference is plain to see.</p>
<p>Most Corgi Toys cars pre-1970 are not 1:43rd scale, I think I counted six that were, the rest are anywhere between 1:42nd scale, the Minis, and 1:52nd scale the Toronado. The reasoning explaining these differences is in a chapter in The Great Book of Corgi.</p>

Re: Figures, figurines 5 months, 2 weeks ago #38

Platinum Boarder
<p>Denizen may have something that fit your request. They are white metal unpainted figures in 1:43rd scale. These are sold by</p>
<p>www.grandprixmodels.com</p>
<p>In their search function search: Denizen driver including seat</p>
<p>Two examples are shown one a 1930’s type and the other a 1950’s type drivers.</p>
<p>Denizen also do other racing type driver figures.</p>
<p><span style="line-height: 1.3em;">Good luck</span></p>
Last Edit: 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Chris Sweetman.

Re: Figures, figurines 5 months, 2 weeks ago #39

Platinum Boarder
<p>Here is an example of a Denizen 1:43rd scale mechanic I painted:</p>
<p>
MCM Top Queens Mercedes-Benz W25 ref 433 engine 5 by Chris Sweetman, on Flickr</p>
<p>And an example of a Preiser 1:50th scale figure I painted:</p>
<p>
MCM Top Queens Mercedes-Benz W25 ref 433 engine 4 by Chris Sweetman, on Flickr</p>
Last Edit: 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Chris Sweetman.