<p>Here a picture of one of the figures I bought years ago in a bulk lot.</p>
<p>As you can see it is 4 centimeters long.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
find the nearest chevron station</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Figures, figurines 1 year, 2 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
<p>I used these as drivers in the Carrimore transporters I just showed in a different thread.</p>
<p>No idea what scale was on the pack, if ever there was any. I think I bought them on Ebay. As there where a lot of figures in the pack, and a lot of doubles too, I cannot use them all. Also, as I said, most figures I need have to be in a seated position, so therefore I have to break them and reassemble them again.</p>
<p>So, I googeled, and found similar figures on Ebay again. The seller is not a big help in this, as he is from Hong Kong, and really does not know what I mean. So, I just 'gambled' and ordered two 'different' packs.</p>

Re: Figures, figurines 1 year, 2 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
Last Edit: 1 year, 2 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Figures, figurines 1 year, 2 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
<p>The seller states both packs are 1:50, and the 'Massstab' (size) is about 36 mm.</p>
<p>This is 3.6 centimeters, which would be the ideal size for most Corgi and Dinky models. Also, the postage is free/included in the total, so it is a small risk for 10 euros.</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 2 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Figures, figurines 1 year, 2 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
<p>Here is an ad for 50 figures, painted and sitting for about $10.00 with free shipping from China. www.ebay.ca/itm/50-pcs-Seated-People-Fig...3:g:6YQAAOSwvopcuAZu And another with 100 again all sitting but not painted for $6.83 Cdn and .49 for shipping.</p>
<p>www.ebay.ca/itm/100pcs-1-50-O-Scale-Beig...Sw50JbMfag</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 2 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Figures, figurines 1 year, 2 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks Jim, but be careful: your first link gives 1:87 figures, which are way too small for what we are doing. The second link is 1:50 indeed, but look closely.....seated people only, but no arms sticking out. No use as drivers or people waving.</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Figures, figurines 1 year, 2 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
aright for bus seated people though I suppose..

Re: Figures, figurines 1 year, 2 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
<p>Sure, seated figures are ok for bus and train transport, but imagine 2 or 4 people in an open car, all (but the driver....) with their arms crossed, or at least fully attached to the body. Totally useless for me. As long as a figure has arms 'separate' from the body, they can be used. A good extra with these I bought is that they are flesh-coloured, so I do not have to paint the faces or other parts which are not covered with clothes in summer.</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 1 month ago by Keesie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Figures, figurines 1 year, 2 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
You are correct Kees, 1:87 and 1:50 and I see your point. Needing separate arms for drivers and passengers is important.

Re: Figures, figurines 1 year, 2 months ago #25

Platinum Boarder
<p>Also imagine cutting up figures all the time which are an euro/dollar or more. With these two packs I bought they are 5 cents a piece.</p>
<p>Ok, let me try to calculate 'a' scale. The figures are advertised as 1:50. An average person would be 180 centimeters.  In that scale the formula would be 180: 9000. This is 18:90 or 1:50 !</p>

Re: Figures, figurines 1 year, 2 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
<p>They are also advertised as 36 milimeter. (average piece in the pack).</p>
<p>36 milllimeter would normally be 180 centimeter, so 36:1800.</p>
<p>This is 9:450 or 1:50 !</p>
<p>I hope you could follow me........</p>

Re: Figures, figurines 1 year, 2 months ago #27

Platinum Boarder
<p>And so, the figure I showed you is 4 centimeter.</p>
<p>4 centimeter would actually be 180 centimeter so 4:180</p>
<p>This would come to 1:45.</p>

Re: Figures, figurines 1 year, 2 months ago #28

Platinum Boarder
<p>.....so I suppose figures I just bought will be slightly smaller than the one I showed.</p>
<p>Now next is ONLY for the very intelligent among us......</p>
<p>Suppose I have this figure (as I explained it should be 1:50):</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p>And suppose......he is holding a Dinky or Corgi toys in his hand. What scale would that be?</p>

Re: Figures, figurines 1 year, 2 months ago #29

Platinum Boarder
<p>I would have given away a free resto if someone would have TRIED to get the answer......</p>
<p>Looking at the guys hand, holding a model would probably have the length (or less) of 1 millimeter. Suppose a normal car has a length of (at least) 4 meter, the formula would be 1:4000.</p>
<p>So, what is the smallest scale in which you can buy a car miniature? The smallest ones I found are 1:1000.</p>

Re: Figures, figurines 1 year, 2 months ago #30

Platinum Boarder
Ships and some planes are smaller scale than that.