Figures, figurines
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
General discussions about Hot Wheels

TOPIC: Figures, figurines

Figures, figurines 1 year, 1 month ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>A lot of models do not have figures in them. Especially with no-roof models, I think adding a figure adds a lot of extra to the model.</p>
<p>So, years ago, I started searching for those, sometimes called figures, sometimes figurines. Obviously a certain size is needed, and you have to be carefull if ever buying them. Sometimes it is hard to determine what scale your model is. Especially Corgi uses various scales.</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 1 month ago by Keesie.

Re: Figures, figurines 1 year, 1 month ago #2

Platinum Boarder
<p>Now take the golden Bond Aston. Figures are quite small, and just when you think Corgi did 1:43 (pre 1970), the Bond model is actually 1:48! At least, Corgi says so in the little red book. The difference between 1:43 and 1:48 is not much, and in most cases figures of a certain scale can be used in both. However, the bigger trucks Corgi did  are mostly in the scale 1:50. (this was to save costs) Try to imagine a figure in a Chipperfields 1130 Horse transporter (1:50), and then in a Bond Aston (1:43). They would both fit, because the scales are very close to one another.</p>

Re: Figures, figurines 1 year, 1 month ago #3

Platinum Boarder
<p>Now take the Batmobiile, Yellow Sub, Daimler 1910, Holmes Wrecker or Chitty figures. I think they are in the same scale, and they are far bigger than the Bond or UNCLE, figures. They will then at least be bigger than 1:40, maybe even 1:35?</p>
<p>At times this can be very confusing. Now take the Priestman Earth Digger. The figure in there is quite big, I think in the range of 1:35. Corgi did a smart move to put earlier models together to create a new set. So they placed the Priestman on the Bedford Low loader and made it a gift set. Now you can see that is a huge 'compromise'. The figure in the Priestman will never fit in the small Bedford!</p>

Re: Figures, figurines 1 year, 1 month ago #4

Platinum Boarder
All very interesting and I have some figures, mostly posed in position, standing up or running/walking. I have them beside various models I have on display. I don't put drivers in cars that did not have drivers. I like to stick to stock and it also makes it easier as I don't have to go looking for people to fit my cars and trucks. I have no where to go do that either that would not cost me about $1000 to go there and back to a fair or the like. Nothing in our area and I have looked at toy stores, garage sales and flea markets but all they have is large scale plastic toys or Tonka toys and that sort of thing. I do like your idea for your models as you don't do stock so can have the liberty to do as you feel and create a new model.

Re: Figures, figurines 1 year, 1 month ago #5

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks Jim. Thing is, when I have a racing car, I can find a driver. When it is an ordinary car, I do not want to put in a figure like James Bond, because everyone recognizes him. Thing is, of course you can buy 'a' driver or other figures, but mostly one is offered, which is then very pricy.</p>
<p>So, years ago I ordered a bulk lot of figures, I think they were from China. The pack contained unpainted figures, slightly bigger as the Batmobile/Daimler figures. As I said, those must be 1:40 or 1:35, but they were sold to me as 1:50.</p>

Re: Figures, figurines 1 year, 1 month ago #6

Platinum Boarder
<p>What I do with those is I cut the up and reform them to seating figures.</p>
<p>Here some examples of that bulk lot.</p>
<p>
closest gas station near me right now</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Figures, figurines 1 year, 1 month ago #7

Platinum Boarder
<p>Although the parcel did not say, searching the net these figures are sold as Preiser figures. This company seems to be big in train dioramas. They do painted and unpainted figures. Because I cut them up to the shape I want, of course I do not buy painted ones.</p>
<p>
diesel gas near me location</p>
<p> </p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Figures, figurines 1 year, 1 month ago #8

Platinum Boarder
<p>If only there were cheap packs in which only seated figures which are drivers or car passengers.........</p>

Re: Figures, figurines 1 year, 1 month ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Try searching for Bus or Train seated passengers. I have seen them but they are not found every where. Train sites might be your best bet.

Re: Figures, figurines 1 year, 1 month ago #10

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks Jim. First of all we need these codes:</p>
<p>N is 1:16</p>
<p>HO is 1:87</p>
<p>O is 1:48</p>
<p>G is 1:24</p>

Re: Figures, figurines 1 year, 1 month ago #11

Platinum Boarder
<p>As several of our members have Dinky and Corgi, the one to look at is O=1:48</p>
<p>As I said, Corgi says the original Bond 261 is 1:48, which is smaller than most Corgi's.</p>
<p>So, what is the scale of the figures I showed you?</p>

Re: Figures, figurines 1 year, 1 month ago #12

Platinum Boarder
<p>Probably HO scale You made a mistake, N = 1:148 to 1:160 You forgot OO =1:76</p>
<p>G = 1:22.5 used to model European trains that run on 1000mm (3 ft 3 3/8 In) Metre gauge track.<span class="ILfuVd NA6bn"></span></p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 1 month ago by Nobleco.

Re: Figures, figurines 1 year, 1 month ago #13

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks, I just looked on a site (can't find it now....) and wrote down the most common scales. Indeed N =1:160</p>
<p>So, HO is 1:87, about HALF the size of 'our' Dinky/Corgi models. However, the figures I showed you are slightly bigger than I actually want so therefore I cut them up.</p>

Re: Figures, figurines 1 year, 1 month ago #14

Platinum Boarder
<p>Let me try to figure this out. I made a picture of several figures.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Figures, figurines 1 year, 1 month ago #15

Platinum Boarder
<p>Nr 1 and 2 (Bond bandit) are the same scale. According to Corgi this is 1:48.</p>
<p>Nr 3 is seated, but sold to me in the same pack as nr 5 and 6. Obviously nr 3 is smaller than nr 5 and 6.</p>
<p>I would say nr 3 and nr 4 Batman are about the same scale. They are bigger than 1:48, so let's say they are 1:43.Corgi says Batman is 1:50. This is wierd, as it is obviously bigger than Bond.</p>
<p>Nr 5/6, 7(Chitty) and 8 (Holmes Wrecker) are more or less in the same range, so they could be around 1:40. Corgi says Chitty is 1:45.</p>