What is your Final Toy for 2017
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
General discussions about Hot Wheels
  • Page:

TOPIC: What is your Final Toy for 2017

What is your Final Toy for 2017 2 years, 7 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
2017 is almost over. What were your final toys to grace your collection?

Mine was yet another beat up Pocher 1/8th scale Ferrari Testarossa. It needs a complete overhaul. Had several before but sold them early in 2016. One of those little regrets rectified in 2017. It was bought on ebay early in December before Xmas and arrived on the 29th as it was posted on the 21st. Not a bad delivery time from the US to NZ within eight days.

Happy New Year

Richard k
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by RVREVO.

Re: What is your Final Toy for 2017 2 years, 7 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Lovely Car, the Testarossa. I have a Bburago in my collection. My last toy of this year was months and months ago. That is not counting what I got from Cam in July though. The Dinky 706 Vickers plane was among those toys and it is currently in progress.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RVREVO

Re: What is your Final Toy for 2017 2 years, 7 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Difficult to say:

1. This one arrived last 7 December.

2. But this one arrived 7 December too. Since, however, no new arrivals this year.

3. Strictly speaking this Passengers Set is the real final addition, but ... it has not arrived yet, and it will not before 2018. As the US vendor did not post to NL I had to ask an American friend to buy it for me, and subsequently forward it to my home address. We agreed that it would be wise to avoid the busy Christmas period, so he will send it to me later on, the parcel certainly not to arrive before the end of this year. Bought in 2017, but to be expected 2018! In the mean time this is enough information for me to edit and complete my catalogue supplement over 2017.
Kind regards, Jan
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by janwerner.

Re: What is your Final Toy for 2017 2 years, 7 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Yes. Was surprised my model came during that period so quickly. Especially as it is so large.

It is not unusual for US seller to not send overseas.
Fortunately i trust my friend too and he is happy to oblige.

Since selling my entire prop collection to him have found many rare pieces from these NZ made shows over the past few years for his collection.
So occassionally have a problem with a US only post, and my friend is happy to oblige.
I simply make his address Primary temporarily

Re: What is your Final Toy for 2017 2 years, 7 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
'39 Matford

Re: What is your Final Toy for 2017 2 years, 7 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Jan always has nice examples and these figures are fantastic. Thanks Jan.

Malcolm, who makes this Matford. I don't think I have ever seen one or heard of it before. It is a nice looking car though, has a 40's Ford style grille.

I should have remembered that my last purchases of 2017 were some Dinky 190 Caravans. I did a couple and showed them in the Resto treads and I still have one here I did not photograph yet. Blue and cream but it is not in very good condition paint wise. Started out as a yellow version, was painted red and then blue. Even has the top vent panted from front to back in red and then blue. It has metal wheel and decent tow bar. Here are the others.

This went with the Dinky 191 Dodge Royal Sedan

The next one I put with the Dinky 173 Nash Rambler. I already restored both the cars but they needed caravans too.

Re: What is your Final Toy for 2017 2 years, 7 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Matford is a french ford, merger between Mathis and Ford.

That is why it looks like a Ford, because it is.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by RVREVO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: What is your Final Toy for 2017 2 years, 7 months ago #8

Gold Boarder
My final toy for 2017 was an Atlas Dinky Simca 1000 from Hongkong.

It was offered on eBay as defect, it had no tyres, on the picture you could see that the interior was mounted upside down.

Obviously the seller had more of these models as they were sucessively offered with the same description and picture, mentioning random delivery. 

The example I obtained had the interior mounted back to front, no tyres and the base plate was loose on the front side.

The paint was quite good so all I had to do was to remove the baseplate, drill two holes to hold the new home made rivets and assemble the parts in the right position.

With four Dunlop tyres from Rob v.d. Bovenkamp I have a very nice Simca.

Best Regards – Wolter.

As offered on eBay

As received Loose base plate

As received Interior backwards

New Rivets and Dunlop Tyres

Ready (1)

Ready (2)

Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Krul.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, 143Madness

Re: What is your Final Toy for 2017 2 years, 7 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Ooops. I believed that the final could mean the best.

But I see it means the last.

So here is the last model that I will only have in 2018

Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Corky.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, janwerner

Re: What is your Final Toy for 2017 2 years, 7 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
The Motorway service station was last I had delivered but I have bought a Corgi Co-Op Scammell lorry since , this won't arrive until New Year.

Re: What is your Final Toy for 2017 2 years, 7 months ago #11

This one is the latest for me in 2017

Re: What is your Final Toy for 2017 2 years, 7 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Depending on definition, there are a few different candidates:

Last model (originally) intended as a toy, like the topic says:

Dinky/Atlas #1428 Peugeot 304 on december 1st

Last (attempted) deliveries:

Atlas Beijnes GETA 70-76, Arnhem, 1929 (tram)

as well as

Atlas Volvo Venus Bilo, 1933 (both delivered on december 28th)

Last actual arrival:

Atlas Porsche 911 GT3 RS (997), 2006 - delivery attempted and failed on december 22nd, picked up at the post office today

Last active purchases:

WSI Models Scania R 580 Highline (R6), 2016 (livery of Claus Skøtt, Denmark)

as well as:

Tekno Volvo FH 500 (FH4), 2015 (livery of Henrik Guldager, Denmark) (both bought on december 6th)

The last one sold out just days after the realease, as all Tekno Guldager trucks tend to do.

Re: What is your Final Toy for 2017 2 years, 6 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Well, here it is at last, that final one. It had to wait for a while in the USA until the busy holidays were over, crossed the Atlantic and arrived today. In front of my camera the set looks much better and brighter than suggested by the vendor's image. And, as a bonus, it is a nice H. Hudson Dobson US export example, stamped 1952 on the bottom of the box. Usually the cardboard around the figures' bases is torn, if only taken out of their box once. But this cardboard is virgin! A pity for those poor figures, having been trapped there for 66 years. Kind regards, Jan 

Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by janwerner.

Re: What is your Final Toy for 2017 2 years, 6 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Wow, that really is better, thanks for showing this pristine example. They are in great shape for being well over 60 years old. Keeping them in the box is unusual to me. Great Find.

Re: What is your Final Toy for 2017 2 years, 6 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Finished the year with a Britains 10 wheel tipper.

Its been got at over the years and I think it may have been a conversion. Still looking through the books. 

Still I like it

• Page: