1/18th scale hot wheels
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
General discussions about Hot Wheels
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1/18th scale hot wheels

1/18th scale hot wheels 13 years, 1 month ago #1

Expert Boarder
Are there any 1/18th scale hot wheel collectors out there. Back around 2003/2004 there were several cars on the market and i snagged a few up along the way. I have this one in red and in white. I also have the pro-street Thunderbirds in both colors as well.

It is still in the box, I have this thing about keeping them in the original box.

Re: 1/18th scale hot wheels 13 years, 1 month ago #2

I wouldn't call it a thing, especially after spending the last week cleaning and dusting the trucks in my collection. It's sure a lot easier to dust the top of a box or display case than it is to dust each piece in a collection of loose or opened trucks. I spent more time re-attaching the mirrors, horns and stacks than I did dusting.

I've seen the 1/18 scale HW cars, just don't have the space anymore for large scale.

Re: 1/18th scale hot wheels 13 years, 1 month ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Yeah, got a '70 Dodge Charger in bronze and the cheapie Barris Batmobile. I'd like to upgrade to the Luxury Barris Batmobile as soon as prices come down.

Re: 1/18th scale hot wheels 13 years, 1 month ago #4

Platinum Boarder
For those living in Europe, the best option for 1/18 Hot Wheels is probably the german eBay seller by the name of Merge-Left. They don't carry a wide selection and the 1/18 HWs usually attract lots of bids, but starting prices are ecxeptionally low, and if you're lucky you could get a real bargain. They do ship worldwide, but I can't imagine it being favorable to a US buyer. Just thought I'd add, that 1/43 Elite Ltd. models can be bought really cheap there - I've just bought 4 a month ago, The Ferrari 330 P4 (red), the Lamborghini Murcielago LP 640 in orange met. (x2) and grey met. (x1) - fabulous level of detail! Prices have been well below €10! Yep, it's true!
Last Edit: 13 years, 1 month ago by Teebodk.

Re: 1/18th scale hot wheels 13 years, 1 month ago #5

Platinum Boarder
I happened to have bought them both from a physical toyshop...

y'know??? a house in town filled with toys with real people behind the counter???

LOL I think we depend too much on the internet for collecting nowadays.

Re: 1/18th scale hot wheels 13 years, 1 month ago #6

Expert Boarder
I think I got mine down at the wall-mart or toys-r-us, I think back then they were around $20.00 which was a little pricey for a car. I got the 1/18th Charger with the flames or the WHIPS package. I can't remember which. it is boxed up in my attic somewhere.

Re: 1/18th scale hot wheels 13 years, 1 month ago #7

20.00 is about the norm, even a bit on the cheap side for 18th scale cars. Most I see run from 24.99 up to "take out a second mortgage on the house Martha I want to buy a toy car"
  • Page: