General discussions about Hot Wheels
  • Page:

TOPIC: planes !

planes ! 3 years, 11 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
I have just discovered that New Ray have introduced a couple of 42nd scale light aeroplanes. The 2 available here are both Cessna 172's one on floats, one with wheels. I got the one with floats to have a look, it's not too bad for the 585 rupees (£7.00) price.

Re: planes ! 3 years, 11 months ago #2

I didn't know NewRay were into planes too, The plane lloks very realistic indeed. Is it an all plastic one?

Re: planes ! 3 years, 11 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
HI RMNL
i didn't know either, I've seen several maybe 12, different ones, but most don't specify a scale. The Cessna's at 42nd go well with the 43rd cars.Yes it is plastic, black windows so no interior, and seems to be weighted as it's a little heavier than i expected. having seen them in 'flipkart' (like amazon, but in india) i tried their website, but it is not well laid out so couldn't find any mention of planes. i'll check flipkart & do a list. Siku are doing helicopters , but they look toylike.
Have fun
TERRY
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: planes ! 3 years, 11 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Hi RMNL

I lied,  there are about 40, different ones, here in no particular order. All New Ray.

Sky pilot Cessna 172,  1 X floats, 1 x wheeled.

UH 60 Hawk , 60th

SH 60 Sea Hawk 60th

AH 1Z Cobra 55th

AH 64 Apache 55TH

Bell 412, L.A.P.D. 48TH

UH 60 Black Hawk 60th

Airbus A380 factory colours no scale

Boeing 777, American a/l 240th

Sky pilot airport (playmatt ) with A380 + A320 no scale

'Classic' (B17 lookalike)  no scale

A number of 'fighters / bombers all no scale...

F-16 , YF 23 , FOKKER D7 , F 117 , SOPWITH CAMEL , F-4 , FOKKER DR 1

SPAD S-7 , B-2 SPIRIT , HH-60 , SR-71 , B-29 , DC 3 , CH-47 , F-35 , MIG-29 , 

FA-18 , AV-8B , CH-46 , TORNADO , EUROCOPTER EC 145,

V-22 Osprey 72nd, Air tractor AT 502 60th , 

I have a wheeled Cessna 172 and an EC 145  ( I think 43rd) on order

Some come ready made & as kit's, some are shown in boxes, some not, some in more than one colour scheme . Price varies quite a lot too. IF there are any that pique your interest let me know and I'' try and purloin a picture .

Have fun

Terry
Last Edit: 3 years, 11 months ago by Terrytoo.

Re: planes ! 3 years, 11 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
New Ray have been making or supplying planes as long as they have been selling tanks and vehicles, plant and machinery. I have couple of prime movers that I purchased sometime ago now.

Re: planes ! 3 years, 11 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Hi

The New Ray EC 145 arrived today, looks pretty good. Not sure about scale, it looks a little on the large side.......despite the packaging stating it's 43rd.

I know helicopters are a bit larger than you think when you get up close, but it still seems just a bit on the large side. Other than that colours/equipment look good.

Here's a pic of a real one, I took at Cannes Airport in May '11. the model is missing a couple of antennae and the cable cutters (sharp bits poking forward under the nose and above the cabin).

Have fun

Terry
Last Edit: 3 years, 11 months ago by Terrytoo.

Re: planes ! 3 years, 11 months ago #7

That is a nice one Terry.
And you caught the real one very good!

Re: planes ! 3 years, 11 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Hi RMNL

'   A   '    real one, Securite Civile have many (guess 50 ish). here's another taken at  Issy le Moulineax (Paris's heliport, spelling may be a little 'off' )

Have fun

Terry

Re: planes ! 3 years, 10 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
You might have to get a lend of a Rolls Royce and have a photo taken with the EC 145 the we all will know.

Below I think this one would be somewhat larger than yours. this Royal Australian Navy MRH 90 is the last chopper I have had the chance to climb aboard for a looksee a couple of months ago at HMAS Cerberus open day.

The only thing I find is you can never really stand up straight in them. Nothing has changed.
Last Edit: 3 years, 10 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: planes ! 3 years, 10 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Now I wonder who I could borrow a Roller from ?

I saw one those in Berlin at I.L.A. in 2004, a factory 'test' machine.

We have these things come over almost daily as we're 20 kms up the coast from India's biggest naval base at Dabolim.

Russian built Kamov, make the weirdest noise, with the contra-rotating rotors.

I got a pic of this nice new AW 119 up at the local helipad, earlier this year, the row of stones demarcate 'airside' and 'landside' , the 2 guards sitting in the shade make sure nobody tampers . , ,.

Have fun

Terry

Re: planes ! 3 years, 10 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Well done, now here is me thinking they were boiling the billy tea. Cheers mate and I think they might have sent you the 1/32 scale.

Re: planes ! 3 years, 10 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Hi Jim

Far more likely to be trying to keep their beer cold . labour laws are pretty slack, so they will probably be there for 12 hours, then go onto a nightshift elsewhere. because it's a tourist area, they work 24/7 for 6 months then nothing but watch the rain.

You will love this pic  

Yes they are fuelling it by hand , and I don't see a static line ! ! !

Have fun

Terry

Re: planes ! 3 years, 10 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
I notice the steel bucket is that for fire fighting just encase of static electricity jumping the grounding.

Re: planes ! 3 years, 10 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Terry have you tested the scale of the model helicopter by using the actual dimension against the scale by using one of the scale converters.

Re: planes ! 3 years, 10 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Wouldn't this thread be better of in "Diecast Aviation" under "Other Aviation Toys & 1:1 Stuff" or "General Chat" rather than in the Hot Wheels section?
Last Edit: 3 years, 10 months ago by Nobleco.
  • Page: