VW Brasilia and SP2
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
General discussions about Hot Wheels
  • Page:

TOPIC: VW Brasilia and SP2

Re: VW Brasilia and SP2 4 years ago #16

Platinum Boarder
Looks like the predecessor to the Toureg. We bought a Toureg to tow our large caravan to Portugal, it performed faultlessly, shame the dashboard was designed (perhaps that is too kind) perpetrated by a 5 year old on a computer. The wife likes V.W.'s I am Ford through & through. Used to love it when all you needed was 13mm spanner & a hammer to repair anything.
Have fun
Terry

Re: VW Brasilia and SP2 4 years ago #17

Platinum Boarder
RVREVO wrote:
CollectorandrestorerMark wrote:
Sorry RVrevo, yes about the Volkswagens, they were for the Brazilian market (the 1:1 cars) and I have actually seen an SP2 at a British show back in 2005. I'm sure I've seen a Brasilia too at the car section of the Berlin museum when I went to that city in '06.

In Nigeria a similar version of the Brasilia was made called the Igala, basically the same but it had 4 side doors.

Was the Igala the variant 411 4 door? there were a couple of prototypes about and unsure if the went through with the production.

One model looked like a typical normal sedan with a flat 4 in the boot. i'm guessing that's where the VW k70 came from eventually.

I've just looked at Wikipedia or the VW Brasilia and they made a 5 door version of that for Brazil but the same car as exported in kit form for Nigeria as the Igala. I think the prototypes you mention weren't quite the same car and didn't get into production but I've seen them probably in the VW museum at Wolfsburg when I visited.

Re: VW Brasilia and SP2 4 years ago #18

Platinum Boarder
Hi mark,  might want to show a photo so we all know what they look like.

The igala looks like a variant wagon. Very similar to the Brazilian,  and the 4dr lift back Germany had.

Wonder if  a model car was made? That would be ideal

The following user(s) said Thank You: CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: VW Brasilia and SP2 4 years ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Thanks RVrevo, yeah that's the car I mean, it was based on the Brasilia according to the Wikipedia article and a comprehensive Volkswagen history book I have, which I picked up in London at the end of 2005. When I try to post links up, the forum asks me if I want something to go "public" and I say no as I'm not totally happy with that and it doesn't seem to let me post anything up.

Not tried photos off the net yet.

Re: VW Brasilia and SP2 4 years ago #20

Platinum Boarder
oh that was done with my phone.

Re: VW Brasilia and SP2 4 years ago #21

Platinum Boarder
I don't know about going Public as you say. There is a button you can check to have the photo placed in your Gallery, if you have one. I don't use mine anymore as it does not seem to work properly. I just say no to that and pick an image from my computer and post it. Most times I don't give it a name either. You can is you want.

Re: VW Brasilia and SP2 4 years ago #22

Platinum Boarder
Photos off the net you have to either right click and save as to your desktop or other folder or you have to take a screen shot, as Richard did above.

Re: VW Brasilia and SP2 4 years ago #23

Platinum Boarder
my final Brasilia has arrived.
was from a 5-pack.
3am now. going to take a nap.
  • Page: