VW Brasilia and SP2
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
General discussions about Hot Wheels
  • Page:

TOPIC: VW Brasilia and SP2

VW Brasilia and SP2 3 years, 10 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
took a while to find these.
First two VW Brasilia, blue and a green were the only ones i found in New Zealand.
The rest were all over the world from eBay.

Last Edit: 3 years, 10 months ago by RVREVO.

Re: VW Brasilia and SP2 3 years, 10 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Cool stuff. I have only about 3 Hotwheels, all Japanese cars, the Datsun 510 sedan, 510 estate wagon (bought in a motoring spares chain shop here in the UK) and a yellow first generation Toyota Celica.

Re: VW Brasilia and SP2 3 years, 10 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I remember those Celica's Mark, they were such good looking cars, I even liked the later generations better!

Re: VW Brasilia and SP2 3 years, 10 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Fine, you win.
I won't post any VW related toys here any more seeing as that little fact keeps on being ignored.
Ou call yourself collectors???
You are all wannabes.

Re: VW Brasilia and SP2 3 years, 10 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
I like those VW's ; haven't seen them before

Re: VW Brasilia and SP2 3 years, 10 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
I, for one, did not know about teh Brasilia VW's. Same goes for the SP2 at the top of the post. I have not see that car before.

Re: VW Brasilia and SP2 3 years, 10 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
I seem to remember these are specifically manufactured for / in South America.
Have fun
Terry

VW's I mean not the models.
Last Edit: 3 years, 10 months ago by Terrytoo.

Re: VW Brasilia and SP2 3 years, 10 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Sorry RVrevo, yes about the Volkswagens, they were for the Brazilian market (the 1:1 cars) and I have actually seen an SP2 at a British show back in 2005. I'm sure I've seen a Brasilia too at the car section of the Berlin museum when I went to that city in '06.

In Nigeria a similar version of the Brasilia was made called the Igala, basically the same but it had 4 side doors.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RVREVO

Re: VW Brasilia and SP2 3 years, 10 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
CollectorandrestorerMark wrote:
Sorry RVrevo, yes about the Volkswagens, they were for the Brazilian market (the 1:1 cars) and I have actually seen an SP2 at a British show back in 2005. I'm sure I've seen a Brasilia too at the car section of the Berlin museum when I went to that city in '06.

In Nigeria a similar version of the Brasilia was made called the Igala, basically the same but it had 4 side doors.

Was the Igala the variant 411 4 door? there were a couple of prototypes about and unsure if the went through with the production.

One model looked like a typical normal sedan with a flat 4 in the boot. i'm guessing that's where the VW k70 came from eventually.

Re: VW Brasilia and SP2 3 years, 10 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Terrytoo wrote:
I seem to remember these are specifically manufactured for / in South America.
Have fun
Terry

VW's I mean not the models.

Brazil is in south America

Re: VW Brasilia and SP2 3 years, 10 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Nobleco wrote:
I, for one, did not know about teh Brasilia VW's. Same goes for the SP2 at the top of the post. I have not see that car before.

hi jim, I found these two by chance.

initially was looking for more information of the VW Transporter T2 which got converted to watercooled. in my research I chanced on the Brasilia, a short hot hatch based on the Variant.

Then found the German SP, which was designed around the time of the VW/porsche 914/6 mid engined coupe, and i believe the Brazilian was the SP2.

I'm sure if someone were to put a porsche engine into an SP2 it would make a fine racing car.

Re: VW Brasilia and SP2 3 years, 10 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Thank you Richard, but I am well aware Brazil is in South America.
Have fun
Terry

Re: VW Brasilia and SP2 3 years, 10 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Terrytoo wrote:
Thank you Richard, but I am well aware Brazil is in South America.
Have fun
Terry

just could not resist haha

Re: VW Brasilia and SP2 3 years, 10 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Just to show there is no ill feeling, check out Bill Jackameit's ..Puma Sports Car site.
Enjoy
Terry

Re: VW Brasilia and SP2 3 years, 10 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
The VW K 70 was originally a NSU , after the takeover by VW the model was put in the market as a Volkswagen.

Matchbox made this model of a Volkswagen Saveiro Cross , another Brasilian Volkswagen ?

Last Edit: 3 years, 10 months ago by blackstone.
  • Page: