Hot Wheels Muscle Cars and Classics.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
General discussions about Hot Wheels

TOPIC: Hot Wheels Muscle Cars and Classics.

Re: Hot Wheels Muscle Cars and Classics. 4 years, 6 months ago #136

Platinum Boarder
Mustang made in Hong Kong.

Re: Hot Wheels Muscle Cars and Classics. 4 years, 6 months ago #137

Platinum Boarder
There we go a couple of Hong Kong made Hot Wheels to the collection.

At least these didn't get chopped up with the lawn mower victor job.

Re: Hot Wheels Muscle Cars and Classics. 4 years, 6 months ago #138

Platinum Boarder
McDonalds Hot Wheels. Oh yes those Happy Meals. Yuck!

Its a rap for tonight bye.

Re: Hot Wheels Muscle Cars and Classics. 4 years, 6 months ago #139

Platinum Boarder
They could offer 10 Hot Wheels per meal and I still would not eat there.

Re: Hot Wheels Muscle Cars and Classics. 4 years, 6 months ago #140

That is a great collection James, thanks for sharing

Re: Hot Wheels Muscle Cars and Classics. 4 years, 6 months ago #141

Platinum Boarder
Looks to me like there is a switch between the wheels and I am wondering what that does. Same with the blue tab at the front. Looks like it could be pressed or pushed back into the car. Any idea what they are for, if anything?

Re: Hot Wheels Muscle Cars and Classics. 3 years, 6 months ago #142

Senior Boarder
I agree on the weird designs Mattel comes up with lately for both Hot Wheels and Matchbox models. Hmmm...I thought the word "diecast" meant metal, so what's with all the plastic? I only seem to grab new models that are what I'll call a "flashback" of an older vehicle, like the cool new red Matchbox '59 Impala Wagon with the canoe on top!

Re: Hot Wheels Muscle Cars and Classics. 3 years, 6 months ago #143

Platinum Boarder
GunnerJim wrote:
I had a bit of a troll around Toy Collector looking for somewhere to post some pictures on the latest Yank Tanks, Chrome Buckets, Muscle Cars or Classic Cruisers from Root 66 that I happen to buy and I couldn\'t find any forum suitable enough specifically for those gut guzzlers of the past.

These two captured my eyes and said yes I must have them.

I checked and no it hasn\'t been posted in 50 or more Station Wagons. Custom 66 GTO Wagon TM-GM.

The 56 Merc had to have this colour Purple 2 door coupe and the engine hood opens.

Maybe with a steady hand I might just put a dab or two for taillights on the Merc.

With a bit of a roll over and look see underneath. All Chrome finish. The Merc has Malaysia stamped with the number C17 with MI and the Custom has Malaysia with the same number C17 and includes the TM GM

Remember they must be from the 1950\'s to the 1970\'s and early 1980\'s as after that cars design changed to the sleek look of today horrible looking tiny plastic things they are.

Check out those Muscles and Classics posted at the start of these threads.

Cheers.

Re: Hot Wheels Muscle Cars and Classics. 3 years, 6 months ago #144

Platinum Boarder
Nobleco wrote:
Looks to me like there is a switch between the wheels and I am wondering what that does. Same with the blue tab at the front. Looks like it could be pressed or pushed back into the car. Any idea what they are for, if anything?

You know??? I never did get and answer to this question!!

Re: Hot Wheels Muscle Cars and Classics. 3 years, 6 months ago #145

Platinum Boarder
Maybe that is a question I cannot answer would be the main reason. Now I will have to go into my toy storageboxes and find this particular McDonald toy and have a closer look at it.

Re: Hot Wheels Muscle Cars and Classics. 3 years, 6 months ago #146

Platinum Boarder
Sorry James, I did not mean it to be a lot of work for you.

Re: Hot Wheels Muscle Cars and Classics. 3 years, 6 months ago #147

Platinum Boarder
I found the Bling wheeled race car and I didn't realise I have two in the box McD's toys. I put some photos up a bit later tonight and I realise something after some examination with a magnify glass.
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Hot Wheels Muscle Cars and Classics. 3 years, 5 months ago #148

Platinum Boarder
Looks like this bling wheeled esoteric is actually called Blue Flames race car produced by Mattel under the banner of Hot Wheels in 2004 for McD.

I doubt if anyone could bend this tab back as to slide any other axle and wheels into that location as the diecast tab would definitely brake. The tab just holds the base into place while the rivet end holds it all together.  The other is if it wasn't for the Hot Wheel sticker indicating it is a Hot Wheel I could not find that hidden logo that is usually stamped here or there. The words Mattel C is the only indication.

Bling wheeled buzz thingy bob. Cheers.

Re: Hot Wheels Muscle Cars and Classics. 3 years, 5 months ago #149

Platinum Boarder
Ah, I see now. that makes sense but what does the white switch above it do? One is to the right and the other is to the left. Does it raise and lower the wheels?

Re: Hot Wheels Muscle Cars and Classics. 3 years, 5 months ago #150

Platinum Boarder
The switch is for lights when the battery is working and highlights inside the body and shines out through headlights and underneath the chassis. Unfortunately the battery has gone dead on all of them that have the switch in the collection I was given long ago. I decided to find out more about the switch's function and found out that the name of the Bling thing is actually Blings Hyperliner for the McDonalds Hot Wheel editions released in 2004. Don't ask me how the one on eBay got its name Blue Flames.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco