Star Wars is coming
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
General discussions about Hot Wheels

TOPIC: Star Wars is coming

Re: Star Wars is coming 3 years, 3 months ago #61

Platinum Boarder
I have also looked at those Titanium Series and they remind me of those ones just a bit smaller in the Micro Machine of a decade ago. Cheers

Re: Star Wars is coming 3 years, 1 month ago #62

Platinum Boarder
Had to pay some re-sellers ransom for this one (hahaha) but I have given up on trying to find this one in stores. Even the Mattel website is out of stock on just about everything. Maybe with the new movie coming around Xmas they will have more of these back on the shelves.

Anyways, my b'day next week so I splurged. Typically 5 bucks in stores but this one went on the mortgage for 10 (hahahah). It cost me more to ship it though.

Yoda's Jedi Starfighter

l

Re: Star Wars is coming 3 years, 1 month ago #63

Platinum Boarder
There is always one that will be hard to find. Anyway you manage to get this one.

Re: Star Wars is coming 3 years, 1 month ago #64

Platinum Boarder
There is about 4 that I have yet to obtain (that I know of).

No one seems to be getting new stock. The big department stores like Toys R Us and Walmart have very little on the shelves and they are older models. I know stores don't order individual models. They just get a box/case and whatever is there is there. If they still have items on the shelf they may be reluctant to order more until their stock diminishes.

The dollar store now carries them which tells me they are old stock that Mattel or department stores are trying to unload. I don't think Mattel is pushing these anymore as you can buy direct from their website which has very little in stock as well. Maybe this line up which is only a couple years old didn't take off the way they hoped.

A new Star Wars movie is coming this Xmas so maybe they will ramp up stock again.

Re: Star Wars is coming 3 years, 1 month ago #65

Platinum Boarder
Hi. Yes on the subject this round of Mattel Star Wars seemed to die off around the major retail outlets although some of the Christmas stock is still available in a couple department stores. I have notice The Reject Shop still has a couple of the larger sets that came out last Christmas too. Just had a glance through the latest Toys R us catalogue and could not find any Star Wars either.

As you have already mentioned Tick, that the next movie might stir things about a bit in this field of collectables. I am still getting the Star Trek series which is up to number 84 having the NX Alpha that really looks good.
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Star Wars is coming 2 years, 11 months ago #66

Platinum Boarder
And the new movie (The Last Jedi)  is not even out yet, but the new series of Starships by HW is....

The cards are white now and have "The Last Jedi" in print. A few models added but some are just repackaged. These ones I just happened to stumble upon when I was in Walmart the other day. They had a few Tie Fighters which have not changed, just new blister pack and card. And there were these three new models. The only ones too, so I was luck at the right place and time.

Poe's Ski Speeder

Resistance Bomber

Kylo Ren's Tie Silencer

This one has also been released in a limited edition black box. Have not seen any in stores or online stores but ebay sellers have them for average $40USD. I'm happy with this plain on card for 6 bucks CDN

I have seen online there is another version of an AT AT and a couple other models I saw on a picture of a catalogue insert. Canada always seems to get the scraps, so we will see what trickles into the stores. The earlier releases I doubt will be re-released so getting the ones I missed may be futile (sorry, couldn't resist the Star Trek reference in this Star Wars post, hahahaha)

Re: Star Wars is coming 2 years, 11 months ago #67

Platinum Boarder
You have done well and I am still collection Star Trek by Eaglemoss and have reached the 90th starship in the series.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Star Wars is coming 2 years, 11 months ago #68

Platinum Boarder
90, wow!!!!

I never realised the number of ships in the Star Trek series. I am not familiar with Eaglemoss but Google images shows some very detailed models. They are really nice!

Hmmm, Just counted. I'm actually over 60 now. More than I realised.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Tick.

Re: Star Wars is coming 2 years, 8 months ago #69

Platinum Boarder
Been slowing down on the HW Star Wars as the newer models are getting harder and harder to find. I thought with Xmas coming, Mattel would push them especially with the new movie around the corner. Anyways, found this Heavy Assault Walker on the new series card. Very similar to the other walkers but the head is different and they added the cannon above the head.

I also picked up the Millenium Falcon and Boba Fett's Slave 1 in a limited edition gold version. As far as I know, only these two have been done in gold

Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Tick.

Re: Star Wars is coming 2 years, 8 months ago #70

Platinum Boarder
Quite the details on that Millennium Falcon and I like that they come with the base too. I have yet to see anything other than a very few of the very small issues. They have lots of figures too.