Star Wars is coming
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
General discussions about Hot Wheels

TOPIC: Star Wars is coming

Re: Star Wars is coming 7 years, 3 months ago #31

Platinum Boarder
Selection in Canada is not so great so for Chanukah/Xmas my wife was able to get a friend vacationing in Florida to bring these from a USA Walmart. I was more surprised she paid attention to my hobby as she normally tries to ignore it. My son helped her figure out models I had not purchased yet.

Sith Infiltrator (Star Wars Series) Left
Rey's Speeder (Force Awakens Series) Centre
Poe's X Wing with wings closed (Force Awakens Series) right

Re: Star Wars is coming 7 years, 3 months ago #32

Platinum Boarder
Good to see your family is helping you to collect Star Wars.

Re: Star Wars is coming 7 years, 3 months ago #33

Platinum Boarder
There are lots of Starwars toys on the pegs at the local Extra Foods. That is Loblaws out east. Have you check there. Tons of them at Christmas and there are quite a few left. I can check for you to see if they have anything you want, Shane.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tick

Re: Star Wars is coming 7 years, 3 months ago #34

Platinum Boarder
Thanx Jim !!!!

Over here Loblaws are now few and far between. They are mostly "Real Canadian Superstores".

They too have lots of Star Wars. I check the local one whenever I go in.

Postage may be prohibitive (our postal rates, electricity rates, and gasoline are really pissing me off. Don`t get me started on housing costs.....) but if you come across the following, I have not been able to find them....

Tantive 4
Inquisitors Tie Advanced Protype (curved wings)
Imperial Shuttle (grey)
Sail Barge Battle Ship
Yoda’s Star Fighter
A-Wing Fighter
ARC170 Fighter
Jedi Starfighter (not Obi Wahn's)
Imperial Lamda Class Shuttle
Fenn Rau's Mandalorian Talon Fighter
Blackbird AT ST

shane

Re: Star Wars is coming 7 years, 3 months ago #35

Platinum Boarder
Shane, I sent you a pm but not sure if you got it. All they had was Micro Mini Star Wars items. All the rest was cleared out.

Re: Star Wars is coming 7 years, 3 months ago #36

Platinum Boarder
Thanx Jim

No, I did not get a notification of a new PM nor is there a message from you in my in box.

Thank you so much for looking! But Mirco's are not what I am collecting.

Cheers

Shane
Last Edit: 7 years, 3 months ago by Tick.

Re: Star Wars is coming 7 years, 3 months ago #37

Platinum Boarder
That I know. Funny that your PM did not go through. I did it through the Community/Members link in the red bar above and it has always worked. I will try on the little envelope attached below your avatar to see if that works.
Just a sec.

Re: Star Wars is coming 7 years, 3 months ago #38

Platinum Boarder
Another PM sent so see if you get that one. IF not, I should report to Admin again.

Re: Star Wars is coming 7 years, 3 months ago #39

Platinum Boarder
Yep, that worked. Notice and in box
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Star Wars is coming 7 years, 3 months ago #40

Platinum Boarder
Nice to know one method of PM actually works still. Thanks for confirming.

Re: Star Wars is coming 7 years, 2 months ago #41

Platinum Boarder
Local Walmarts got some new ones.......

Fenn Rau's Mandalorian Talon Fighter (Star Wars Rebel Series)

Tantive IV and Imperial Shuttle  from the Star Wars Series and the A-Wing Fighter also from the Star Wars Rebel Series

There are now 4 series of these ships based on (1) the first 6 Star Wars movies, (2) the television animated series Star Wars Rebel, (3) The Force Awakens movie  and now (4) the Rogue One movie
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Star Wars is coming 7 years, 2 months ago #42

Platinum Boarder
I have looked again yesterday while shopping. Three stores sell Hot Wheels and none of them have any. I asked the clerk in the toy area in Extra Foods and they said they had not heard of them. The head office just sends them stuff and they put it on the shelf. They have no control. I hate big box shopping stores as someone on the east coast tells the west coast what they should be buying. Who knows better what sells. The guys in the store, not someone 3000 miles away in Toronto or Mississauga.

Re: Star Wars is coming 7 years, 2 months ago #43

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for looking!

And the big box stores don't even get the same items. I don't go out of my way, I just look every time I am in Toys R Us, Walmart and Superstore. Out of nowhere, walmart for example will have new stock that includes models they have not had before. Once I see new models then I go out of my way to the other 2 Walmarts in my area. I will get different models at each store. Each store does not get the same selection.

I have over 40 of these now. Wow, didn't realise how many I have bought. Sure adds up. From what I have seen on the internet there are about 8-10 more possibly out there.
Last Edit: 7 years, 2 months ago by Tick.

Re: Star Wars is coming 7 years, 2 months ago #44

Platinum Boarder
Yes, they can mount up fast when you start to collect a series.
I do know that Hot Wheels are packed differently for a number of boxes. They usually have code letters and numbers on the boxes. My buddy, Marty in Pennsylvania has a collection of probably over 25,000 Hot Wheels and he goes to the Hot Wheels events at his local Walmart every so often. He has told me that even when the codes are the same, the models inside can be different. They are mostly the same but there are changes in colors and car makes too. It is like a box of Chocolates, you never know what your going to get.....

Re: Star Wars is coming 7 years, 1 month ago #45

Platinum Boarder
Price was right via Amazon but had to pay shipping. That's what happens when you want it and don't know if it will be available in stores anytime soon or at all. Of course now that I have it (haven't seen it anywhere else) it will be in Walmart by the bucket loads come Monday. Because that is how my luck works ahahahahahahaha

The AT ST 2 legged walker

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL