Star Wars is coming
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
General discussions about Hot Wheels

TOPIC: Star Wars is coming

Re: Star Wars is coming 4 years, 9 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
Well, I looked in the stores today and there was nothing. Some cheap set of figures about 3 inches tall maybe and a Clone Warrior and I think Anikin but not sure. Dolls about 10 to 12" high or so. $10.00 each I think. That was it and no decent matchbox. Only one in fact, a jat 120Xk in baby blue but the plastic bubble was broken up so I passed for $2.25 of all prices. Other prices in town and $1.49 to $1.99 depending on where you go.

Re: Star Wars is coming 4 years, 9 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
Over here in Australia Coles supermarket chain had been selling these Star Wars and I had a bit of a look see. At the end of the promotional run Coles dropped their price a bit, although this was not enough for temptation. So a couple of days later one of the shelf stackers was knocking off work for the day and guess what he was carrying. The cardboard display shelving. I asked him good score. Yes the boss gave it to me. So that display shelve did not end up in the recycling bin.

I have been collecting the Star Trek and only have two more to pay for and I will have collected the full set of 50 ships plus magazines and other stuff that was on offer.
Last Edit: 4 years, 9 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Star Wars is coming 4 years, 9 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
I am running out of room and my wife says sell some then you will have plenty.

Cheers from Star Base Nine.

Re: Star Wars is coming 4 years, 9 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Those Star Treks are by Hot Wheels/Mattel???

Re: Star Wars is coming 4 years, 9 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
I have a collectors card set that is from the movies and shows featuring the characters and the ships etc. Takes up a few binders. I have a T-shirt and comic books of the Star Trek Movie. Tried to sell them a few years back but had no takers. I think shipping cost was the killer.

Re: Star Wars is coming 4 years, 9 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
Maybe it be the shipping or postage. Don't know Jim.

These STAR TREK Starships are marketed by Eaglemoss Collections Pty Ltd and all rights reserved by tm & copyrights 2014 CBS studios Inc and copyrights Paramount Pictures Corporation. Star Trek and related marks and logos are trademarks of CBS studios Inc.

I have not seen any reference markings to Hot Wheels / Mattel on any of those Starship models or on any of the printed information booklets that come with each purchase.

I was under the impression and still am, that the brain child behind these diecast series and booklets containing the history behind the scene was by a couple of former artist/designer illustrators and modellers and pattern makers.

I have found that almost all the information contained in these booklets interesting regarding the artist drawings and modelling of the props and set designs incorporated into making such a product. Some of the costumes and actors incorporated into the storyline, fantastic.

Unfortunately I decided to purchase my collection from our local news agent instead of going through Eaglemoss collections marketers which didn't allow me to join their Facebook and of course miss out on a couple of freebees.

Cheers.
Last Edit: 4 years, 9 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Star Wars is coming 4 years, 9 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
That's a lot of Star Trek GunnerJim.

Idon't know, I think I'm on your wife's side.

Swap them for a prewar Britains any day.

To be honest, whenever I see these at the shops I ponder the idea of starting a collection going. But I'm soon jolted back to reality when I think of all the Corgi I've accumulated so far.

I'd really try to focus on what you truly love to collect.

Get the best quality you can afford rather than be distracted with another line of collecting.

A bit of self therapy here.

Re: Star Wars is coming 4 years, 6 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
Have not been much to pick from lately. Walmart and Toys r Us have not been replenishing stock. All of the sudden, when I was in Walmart yesterday there was a big bin filled with Hot Wheels Star Wars Ships in the middle of a main aisle. I started digging through the mound and found three. 2 new releases and a Destroyer.

First Order Star Destroyer, Republic Gunship (new variant with blue top) and First Order Snow Speeder.

Last Edit: 4 years, 6 months ago by Tick.

Re: Star Wars is coming 4 years, 6 months ago #24

Looking good!

Re: Star Wars is coming 4 years ago #25

Platinum Boarder
A few more....

Double pack with a Tie Striker and X-Wing Fighter Red 5. I already have the Red 5 but because supply is minor in Canada I bought the double pack just to have the Striker. Now I can open the single pack of the Red 5 I have and have some fun defending the Force !!!

These new editions indicating Rogue One on the package come with a plastic stand but they don't clip to your finger so you can wave your hand around and pretend to fly them. They called the stand in the earlier packaging a "flight navigator". I doubt many kids actually attached the silly thing to their fingers anyways. They most likely just held the toy directly in the hand and flew !

This double pack has X Wing Red 2 which I did not have yet but also has the bluish grey Tie Fighter which I did have. Then I noticed the Tie fighter had four black stripes on the top which my other did not. So I can say this is another version and therefore I can defend having to buy the double pack (which are double the price).

Or.....I just don't tell her I bought more toys.

Re: Star Wars is coming 4 years ago #26

Very good, have not seen them in NL yet

Re: Star Wars is coming 3 years, 11 months ago #27

Platinum Boarder
Found these on Amazon. New releases I expect for Christmas shopping season. Amazon USA and Walmart USA see to have much more models available than in Canada. I might be south of the border his month so I hope to hit a Walmart

For now I am happy to have these from Amazon Canada

For new Rogue One movie coming series a Partisan X Wing Fighter and a Rebel U Wing Fighter

A Rebel Snowspeeder which I already have but it came in this double pack with an At-At

I have only seen pictures of the At- At and really wanted one.  This is the first time I have seen one anywhere in stores so I just grabbed it as who knows if Canadian stores will see it in a single pack..

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Star Wars is coming 3 years, 10 months ago #28

Platinum Boarder
Came across a single pack of the Tie Striker without the silly battle damage decals, so I can take back the combo back with the X Wing that I already had anyways

And this other version of the At At, the AT -ACT Cargo Walker. The differences are the leg positions and the orangey side panels

Got stuck buying another combo pack with a Millennium Falcon I already have but Canada has slim pickings and I wanted this Tie Interceptor

Re: Star Wars is coming 3 years, 10 months ago #29

Looking good. I have not seen these in NL yet

Re: Star Wars is coming 3 years, 10 months ago #30

Platinum Boarder
I have now red the number 70 issue of the Star Trek Eaglemoss collection that came out here in Australia last week. The Voth City ship.