Corgi 1127 Simon Snorkel Question
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Whether you restore, customize, build dioramas or want help and advice with any of the above, here's where to go!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Corgi 1127 Simon Snorkel Question

Corgi 1127 Simon Snorkel Question 4 years, 3 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Hi All

I want to remove one of the height/lift adjustment knobs on the boom of the Corgi 1127. There are 2, one for the lower boom and the other for the upper boom. Both seem to be the same in that the kog wheel shaft is pressed into the body of the adjustment knob.

Any suggestions on how to take this mechanism apart without damage? Do you pull at the knob or try to bang the shaft out from the centre?

Re: Corgi 1127 Simon Snorkel Question 4 years, 3 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
All Items Guaranteed. Return Postage Costs are the Responsibility of the Purchaser. If item is returned with in 14 days of receiving it, in original packaging as sent, Cost of item will be returned to Purchaser. It is on the left in the picture below. About $10 or less if I remember right but if you have a second hand store near you, they will probably have one in with the loads of tools those places usually have.

Pry it up a bit and use a cloth or something to protect the arm. Once it starts to move you should be able to pull it off with your fingers. Use a small hammer (see picture below, larger hammer) to pat the wheel back on the shaft, again making sure you protect the hub this time.

Last Edit: 4 years, 3 months ago by Nobleco.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tick

Re: Corgi 1127 Simon Snorkel Question 4 years, 3 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for that. I actually have one of those little pry drivers. I will give it a try

Re: Corgi 1127 Simon Snorkel Question 4 years, 3 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Maybe a bit of cloth between the hub and the crane arm to protect paint and the spun hub. Good luck, it should not be difficult.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tick

Re: Corgi 1127 Simon Snorkel Question 4 years, 3 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
did not go so well. The knob itself started to get marked with pits by the driver so I stopped. It never budged. And the spring mechanism inside the assembly was getting distorted. I did not want to cause any damage so I chickened out. I have two of these models and one has slightly better paint but missing the lower boom cog and knob. I was going to take the one off the other. But the paint is not that much better that I want to risk damage to other parts so I am leaving them as is.

Thanks for the input though

Re: Corgi 1127 Simon Snorkel Question 4 years, 3 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
I am sorry to hear that. Only other way that I have used is to try to drift the pin through the hub. You need room to do that and I don't think you have it on this model. It also helps to heat the area up maybe with a heat gun. Just say away from the plastic and rubber parts. You may not want to do that. It might also distort the spring even more.
You can always look for a better one that is complete and working and then sell both of these on.

Re: Corgi 1127 Simon Snorkel Question 4 years, 3 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Ah yes, jim's got the idea... jam and tap

Re: Corgi 1127 Simon Snorkel Question 4 years, 3 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
if I decide to give it another go I will try the heating up, that may definitely help.

Cheers
  • Page: