Here's the place for NASCAR and any other stock-car related chat!
  • Page:

TOPIC: New 2013 Stock Cars?

New 2013 Stock Cars? 11 years, 5 months ago #1

Senior Boarder
Has anybody seen or have any details on the 2013 cars from Lionel? Just curious as to what changes we can expect.

Re: New 2013 Stock Cars? 11 years, 5 months ago #2

Visitor
There was a few prototype photos on the RCCA forum, Russ, of the Toyota Cup car. Looked decent. It was an ARC mold. But for me, there are no DODGES next year, so frankly I could care less.

Re: New 2013 Stock Cars? 11 years, 5 months ago #3

Fresh Boarder
RCCA pulled back all there pics and info about the 2013 cars. Don't know why.

Re: New 2013 Stock Cars? 11 years, 5 months ago #4

Senior Boarder
bigdaddymcqueen wrote:

Really? That's weird. Surely there has to be some conjecture floating around with why that's happened. 

And MoparBob - c'mon now, you can't throw in the towel on NASCAR just because no Dodges will be out there. Heck, didn't you watch the races from '77-'00?

Re: New 2013 Stock Cars? 11 years, 5 months ago #5

Visitor
289Cobra wrote:
bigdaddymcqueen wrote:

Really? That's weird. Surely there has to be some conjecture floating around with why that's happened. 

And MoparBob - c'mon now, you can't throw in the towel on NASCAR just because no Dodges will be out there. Heck, didn't you watch the races from '77-'00?

Oh I can't, can I?  Watch me.  I caught the '79 Daytona 500 yes, but only to watch Petty.  It was a different NASCAR back then.  And yes, I did not watch any other races from 1977-1996 until DODGE came back in the truck series, after which that comeback evolved into DODGE Motorsports/Evernham's One-Team of 10 cup cars and teams in 2001, and eventually trickling into the series trifecta of the Busch Series in 2002 and beyond.  Now?  NASCAR can drop dead as far as I am concerned.  I will NOT be watching.
Last Edit: 11 years, 5 months ago by .

Re: New 2013 Stock Cars? 11 years, 5 months ago #6

Senior Boarder
Yeah, I'm only a "casual fan" at this point. I really starting losing interest in the early 1990s as the cars started losing more and more of their factory lines, only to morph into spec-racers.

I think the sport would be much better off if they would return to completely factory bodies (with the addition of front/rear spoilers) as well as engine rules that required the manufacturers to run a version of the engine they sell in the street cars.

Re: New 2013 Stock Cars? 11 years, 5 months ago #7

Visitor
True dat, homes...

Re: New 2013 Stock Cars? 11 years, 5 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
NASCAR has no resemblance to the early days of Racing. Those were the day, take a stock factory car, some mods and lets go racing. It was all started by Moon Shiners so what do you expect in the early day. NOt fast but dangerous. Deaths and maming and then the officials get in the way. Did the drivers ask for that??? NO< not on your or their lives. They just wanted to race. Now you have a bunch of whiners and fiddlers that want to make it so fast and dangerous that you have to have safety rules and Regs. Turn back the clock a few decades, bring back the original stock car and lets go racing again. I think that speeds of 100 to 120 MPH were just as exciting back when as the speed so today at around 200 but back then it was driver and car learning how to work together. NOW it is Car, driver and crew. Cars are all the same, Drivers all have about the same level of skill so where is the fun and competition of yesteryear.

What is with the tail gateing think. That looks really bad to me. The they chain up to draft???? wow, like to see Petty do that in a 60's car. NOT

Re: New 2013 Stock Cars? 11 years, 5 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Oh, forgot to mention, I still very occasionally watch NASCAR but it is more for the unbelievable crashes and flying cars than the race itself.
  • Page: