Here's the place for NASCAR and any other stock-car related chat!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello again...

Hello again... 2 years, 3 months ago #1

Fresh Boarder
<p>I probably didn't need to start a new topic, but it's been years since I posted here. Not much has changed by the looks of it.</p>
<p>Anyway, we're still alive and kicking over at diecastcrazy.com/ and thriving for the most part. Just checking in and seeing if any new NASCAR content was posted. Sadly, I see none since I last logged on. If anybody is interested, you're more than welcome to register and check out our forum using  the link above...</p>
<p>Also, here's a link to my collection: diecastcrazy.com/media/users/moparbob.7409/albums It's grown substantially since I last was on here.</p>
<p>I see too you're having troubles with Vertical Scope. LOL! Good luck with all that! They own our site as well. Worst of the worst.</p>
<p>Take care!</p>
<p>MOPARBOB</p>
<p>WWW.DIECASTCRAZY.COM</p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by MoparBob.

Re: Hello again... 2 years, 3 months ago #2

Hello Bob, thanks for visiting our forum after all. A lot of our members are from Europe, where NASCAR isn't that popular. It is never on telly, so the only way to look at it is on line.

I know a bit about the Indy 500 and Arie Luyendyk, who is famous here too

Re: Hello again... 2 years, 3 months ago #3

Fresh Boarder
Yeah, I get that. I remember when this site was to be associated with GoMotorbids.com, our former site partner at DiecastCraZy making Planet Diecast, and a supposed partnership with our site the next best big thing. We were sold a bill of goods from Vertical Scope that never panned out. GoMotorbids and it's various iterations have long since vanished. Such is life. I guess I was just bored and waxing nostalgic today. Take care.

Re: Hello again... 2 years, 3 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
I should correct you on some of your facts. GoMotorbids was bought out from Mike Zarnok by Christian Braun who owned our former site name, Toy Collector. GoMotorbids was a dead or dieing site and only had a membership to sell. It came in with about 80,000 to 120,000 members if I remember right. Most were no longer on the site but all user names etc were transferred to us. That made the site look better than it was as sites are usually bought by the number of members and the traffic the generate. Later, after that purchase, Christian and his partner changed our name to Planet Diecast so that sounded better too. They wanted to keep the Toy Collector name, logos etc for themselves. I don't think they would have found someone to pay for the name etc as it was not really worth all that much. Anyway, It was sold to MasMedia in Ontario Canada and after some time, maybe a couple years? it was sold to our current owners, Verticalscope, also in Ontario Canada.
Next came the fiasco of the move to a newer bigger and better server set up. The transferred all their sites up to Google Cloud and when they were brought down, they messed up some how and this is what we not have. A real mess. That is about the story of this site in a short form.

Re: Hello again... 2 years, 3 months ago #5

Fresh Boarder
<p>Duly noted. I'm just telling you what was promised to us by Vertical Scope..Irregardless, Vertical Scope is a horrible company in my opinion. Good luck.</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by MoparBob.
  • Page: