Here's the place for NASCAR and any other stock-car related chat!
  • Page:

TOPIC: NASCAR ID wanted

NASCAR ID wanted 4 years, 10 months ago #1

Bas

Fresh Boarder
I have these two NASCAR like 1/64 scale cars which i would like to be identified. They are Ford but who is the maker?

Re: NASCAR ID wanted 4 years, 10 months ago #2

Hello Bas,

a warm welcome from The Netherlands, we have a quite a few Dutch memebers here too.

I can't identify the cars either, can you show a photo of the base please?

Re: NASCAR ID wanted 4 years, 10 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Welcome to Planet Diecast from BC Canada. Can't help with the cars but do they have any markings at all on the base? Do the licence plates have any numbers or words on them? These sort of things can help identify you cars. We have some members here who are very knowledgeable on a lot of different makes of toy cars. They don't look North American models though. Wheels don't look right for Hot Wheels or Matchbox

Re: NASCAR ID wanted 4 years, 10 months ago #4

Bas

Fresh Boarder
Hello All,

Here is a picture of the base:

Re: NASCAR ID wanted 4 years, 10 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Thanks, does not tell us much but this car has some nice details on the chassis. Are those wires for axles? These could be Hot Wheels copies.

Re: NASCAR ID wanted 4 years, 10 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Hi and welcome from Australia Bas. Pretty hard to work out when the toy makers name is not on them while Made in China does help. I usually refer them to no brand toys Made in China or in the old days Hong Kong. If the toy was made by Yatming then that would be included. On the other hand I have some Road Tough toy vehicles and some times they only have Made in China.

The bases or chassis on these are on the plain side compared to the ones you have Bas while one does show Yatming.  The others only have a number like 1038 on the Bull 38 shown.

Last Edit: 4 years, 10 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: NASCAR ID wanted 4 years, 10 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Some more out of the junk box with the Nascar theme about them.

Note the number on the plastic chassis or baseplate.

Re: NASCAR ID wanted 4 years, 10 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Hot Wheel going by a mark that Hot Wheel sometimes use while the date for copyright 1996 the letters MI follow underneath in the corner of the diecast chassis while Made in China can be seen.

Cheers.

Re: NASCAR ID wanted 4 years, 10 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Maisto is another vehicle small toys that only have Made in China on the base as well while a gold sticker is used as well to say the same. The 1994 Turbo Tread included a Buick Lesabre Stock Car number 8618 which really doesn't match your Stockies.

Re: NASCAR ID wanted 4 years, 10 months ago #10

Bas

Fresh Boarder
Thanks all for the warm welcome!

Think they are from a gift set or something, but the wheels seem familiar to me although i can't recall where i've seen them....

Re: NASCAR ID wanted 4 years, 10 months ago #11

Hello Bas,

I suddenly thought they look like cars sold by Action. They have a set of 12 cars I think, not the highest quality so take a look there, perhaps you are lucky finding them

Re: NASCAR ID wanted (solved) 4 years, 10 months ago #12

Bas

Fresh Boarder
I think i found them! Thanks for the hint to the Action Store, they are in a box made by or distributed by Gearbox which has connections to Kai Jal Toys.

Another mystery solved (lots to go though).

Re: NASCAR ID wanted (solved) 4 years, 10 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Got to love the knowledge here on PD. Another case solved.

Re: NASCAR ID wanted (solved) 4 years, 10 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
That is good to know. Gearbox have not heard of Action Store.

Re: NASCAR ID wanted (solved) 4 years, 10 months ago #15

Action is a chain of stores in NL, Germany, Belgium.
They sell so many things and cheap too.
I always buy my primer there, a 400 ml can for € 1,99. The have often very low quality diecast cars, but also Hotwheels, Matchbox, Rastar or Welly cars for fair prices.
  • Page: