Racing car make model and year identification please
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Grand Prix, F1, IndyCar, Midget Cars, Kart... if they're open-wheel racers, here's where to chat about them!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Racing car make model and year identification please

Racing car make model and year identification please 10 years, 7 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
I'm an avid collector of Action Man and do a lot of customs of vehicles and uniforms. In fact I'm putting a book together - more on that later.

Palitoy only produced one Action Man sized racing car - the green one in pictures below. I'm always on the lookout for these large blown plastic Woolworth type toys from 50s and 60s, which more often than not actually resemble a real car. You can see the red one was Mike Hawthorn's Ferrari and the blue one with orange wheels was Stirling Moss' Mercedes. But please guys, any information on the first picture (with yellow wheels). And who may have driven it.  Thanks in advance, Vaughan.

Last Edit: 10 years, 7 months ago by Sierra1.

Re: Racing car make model and year identification please 10 years, 7 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder

Re: Racing car make model and year identification please 10 years, 7 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder

Re: Racing car make model and year identification please 10 years, 6 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Hi  Sierra1 and welcome

The red raceing car could even be Palitoy  or as it was first called  "cascelloid " as they made toys from 1935 , but anything injection molded or blown molded they could make.

Re: Racing car make model and year identification please 10 years, 6 months ago #5

I have never seen these before, I just discovered a whole new world.

Your modifications are great, the Ferrari is absolutely stunning.

Thanks for the photos

Re: Racing car make model and year identification please 10 years, 6 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Wonderful models of racing cars you have, thanks for sharing and welcome to the site.

Re: Racing car make model and year identification please 10 years, 6 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Thanks guys
  • Page: