Aston Martin DB5 James Bond : Corgi 50th anniversary
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's the forum for new releases!

TOPIC: Aston Martin DB5 James Bond : Corgi 50th anniversary

Aston Martin DB5 James Bond : Corgi 50th anniversary 9 years, 3 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
I've pre-ordered this one. (It will be done in gold livery too)

Re: Aston Martin DB5 James Bond : Corgi 50th anniversary 9 years, 3 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Now that is nice and one of the first 007 Aston Martin models, issued from 'CORGI' under the 'HORNBY HOBBIES'company.

Rollerman.
Last Edit: 9 years, 3 months ago by TheRollerman.

Re: Aston Martin DB5 James Bond : Corgi 50th anniversary 9 years, 3 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Another one of my personal favourites. This is so similar to the original. Very nicely done!

Do you mind if I ask what the pre-order cost is?

Re: Aston Martin DB5 James Bond : Corgi 50th anniversary 9 years, 3 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
£19.90

Re: Aston Martin DB5 James Bond : Corgi 50th anniversary 9 years, 3 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
I'm paying £16.68 each

Re: Aston Martin DB5 James Bond : Corgi 50th anniversary 9 years, 3 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Are you a Corgi club member ?

I've pre-ordered it on Corgi website.

Re: Aston Martin DB5 James Bond : Corgi 50th anniversary 9 years, 3 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
If it's suppoeed to be this version that the reissued version is supposed to be copying then Its missing the rear tyre slashers 

Re: Aston Martin DB5 James Bond : Corgi 50th anniversary 9 years, 3 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
It's a mix between 261 and 270. It is supposed to celebrate the 50 years of the 261.
There were no more gold version to pre-order.
perhaps will I buy one later if available.

Re: Aston Martin DB5 James Bond : Corgi 50th anniversary 9 years, 3 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
This is why I pre-ordered two silver.

Repaint the other.

Plus getting them cheaper due to being with the club.

Re: Aston Martin DB5 James Bond : Corgi 50th anniversary 9 years, 3 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Being with the club would be, for me, the more expensive way, to get one model cheaper.

It's my first and probably will be my last purchase on the website.

Re: Aston Martin DB5 James Bond : Corgi 50th anniversary 9 years, 3 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
What a bizarre mix and not my cup of rosie lee but it'll sell well with it being Bond related etc...

Re: Aston Martin DB5 James Bond : Corgi 50th anniversary 9 years, 3 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
I prefer to show that model to children that come at home. If a part is broken, I really prefer that one to be the victim instead of a vintage Corgi one.
And it allows to talk with serenity about the old one that stay behind the glass.

Re: Aston Martin DB5 James Bond : Corgi 50th anniversary 9 years, 3 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
They slashed the prices to become a member. No longer a club model though.
That was the expensive bit.
I don't think corgi collector club models retain their value. Hence why I have so many doubles at the moment. Still missing a couple.

It's a lot cheaper to join now. One thing they never had before was 10% off anything.
And I think they have reduced postage costs as well.

Re: Aston Martin DB5 James Bond : Corgi 50th anniversary 9 years, 2 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Excepted rear wheels slashers, it has the same features the Corgi-Toys #270 (1968 issue) has.

Really nice !

Re: Aston Martin DB5 James Bond : Corgi 50th anniversary 9 years, 2 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
So its a stripped down version of the 1995 limited edition Corgi Bond Aston and more importantly does the ejector seat still sling the nasty china man to the other side of the room?