Tootsitoys?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Tootsie Toy, Midgetoy, Hubley, Barclay or Orphans, here's where to chat about slush cast!

TOPIC: Tootsitoys?

Re: Tootsitoys? 9 years, 2 months ago #31

Platinum Boarder
pixmax wrote:
Sorry, but why are the Tootsietoys here in the Slush Cast Toys section? Tootsietoys were the first diecast toys and thats why they are different from the slush mold cars by Barclay, Kansas Toy, Lincoln, C.A.W. and others which are made of lead.

You would have to ask Adim. Here is the heading.

Slush Cast Toys
Tootsie Toy, Midgetoy, Hubley, Barclay or Orphans, here's where to chat about slush cast!

pixmax wrote:

Re: Tootsitoys? 9 years, 2 months ago #32

Platinum Boarder
Hm, who is Adim?

I think it is clearly visible on the cars here posted, that the Tootsietoys are definitly not slush cast. I would say the Tootsietoys of the 30's are excellent. May be better than the cars by Dinky Toys at that time.

And the slush mold casting is something totally different from die-cast.

Let's create a manufacturer forum for Tootsietoys. I have some I would post there.

Re: Tootsitoys? 9 years, 2 months ago #33

Platinum Boarder
Admin= Administration in other words the people who own and work on the site, not me. I was only following what the tread titles said when I moved it here. It was not a Dinky post and ever other place was not right. I think Admin (the powers that be) should start up a Tootsie Toy section in Manufacture Forums

Re: Tootsitoys? 9 years, 2 months ago #34

Platinum Boarder
That would be handy if Admin could do that as I suggested earlier on but I must admit that I said it with tongue in cheek as I feel that being new on here I haven't got the right to start asking for any changes yet, I'm still in short trousers.  

Graham

Re: Tootsitoys? 9 years, 2 months ago #35

Platinum Boarder
I have asked Admin to add one into the Manufactures Forums. It should be there sometime tomorrow if we are lucky. I have them fixing the PM system right now as it is not working. YOu can still PM people with the Community/Members/dropdown list and select Send Message.

Re: Tootsitoys? 9 years, 2 months ago #36

Platinum Boarder
Jim, sorry! I totally missunderstud. I know what a administrator do or an admin. I thougth "Adim" is a nickname. And I have no read everything.

So I hope the admin did read all what we sad and will create a section for Tootsie Toys. This is a very important manufacturer in my opinion.

Re: Tootsitoys? 9 years, 2 months ago #37

I've got some Tootsie trucks from the 50's and early 60's. We haven't had a lot of action in the Tootsie world, so they were grouped together with similar types (detail wise) and put under one sub topic to simplify the site several years back. We had, and I see it's happening again, so many sub sections that it was becoming overwhelming to handle the site. Before we add another section to the manufacturers area, have a look at the dates on the posts in the Tootsie section. I agree that Tootsie is an important manufacturer. I have several books here on them. We just haven't had that much interest in them over the years.

Re: Tootsitoys? 9 years, 2 months ago #38

Platinum Boarder
pixmax wrote:
Jim, sorry! I totally missunderstud. I know what a administrator do or an admin. I thougth "Adim" is a nickname. And I have no read everything.

So I hope the admin did read all what we sad and will create a section for Tootsie Toys. This is a very important manufacturer in my opinion.

Oops, my Bad. I did not know I misspelled it. My appologies. I should check my typeing more closely.

Re: Tootsitoys? 9 years, 2 months ago #39

Platinum Boarder
I have asked Admin to look into it and Joschik thinks it is a good idea but Baskingshark takes care of the functions of the Forums so I have sent him a message. Is is away or in Do Not Disturb mode at the present but I am sure he will get my note. Check tomorrow.

Re: Tootsitoys? 9 years, 2 months ago #40

Platinum Boarder
oldtruck56 wrote:
I've got some Tootsie trucks from the 50's and early 60's. We haven't had a lot of action in the Tootsie world, so they were grouped together with similar types (detail wise) and put under one sub topic to simplify the site several years back. We had, and I see it's happening again, so many sub sections that it was becoming overwhelming to handle the site. Before we add another section to the manufacturers area, have a look at the dates on the posts in the Tootsie section. I agree that Tootsie is an important manufacturer. I have several books here on them. We just haven't had that much interest in them over the years.

These are of course reasons. You have the overview and the experiences about the structure of this forum. You are right to keep it simple for usability.

Re: Tootsitoys? 9 years, 2 months ago #41

Platinum Boarder
Still a list is a list and if long enough I am sure we can handle that with a search function like the Market or Toypedia