Tootsie car (bild-a-car???)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Tootsie Toy, Midgetoy, Hubley, Barclay or Orphans, here's where to chat about slush cast!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tootsie car (bild-a-car???)

Tootsie car (bild-a-car???) 9 years, 2 months ago #1

Gold Boarder
I found this car in my dads collection that he left to me and i thought i would share a photo of it on its correct forum area. (sorry about the dodgy pic) If anyone wants me to upload any other pics of it im more than happy to.

Mark

Re: Tootsie car (bild-a-car???) 9 years, 2 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Hi Mark, this is a 5 wheel (4 wheels plus a single spare, this was also available as a 6 wheel variant with no spare on the boot but 2 spare wheels, one mounted on each of the front wings (fenders) Tootsie Graham roadster with rumble seat, because it has a spare wheel on the rear then that may suggest that it isn't a Bild-a-car version as they mainly had no spare wheel on the boot lid. Another way to check is to look at the axles underneath, the Bild-a-car had the axles joined together by a central sleeve. There should also be a front and rear bumper, the front being part of the front grill casting which sadly yours is missing but remanufactured ones are available.

Graham

Re: Tootsie car (bild-a-car???) 9 years, 2 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
That seems to be correct Graham, the axle should look like this.....

Re: Tootsie car (bild-a-car???) 9 years, 2 months ago #4

Gold Boarder
Hi guys thanks for the info. This is a photo of the base. There is slight damage to the casting too.

Many thanks 

Mark
  • Page: