AHI toys Japan
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Tootsie Toy, Midgetoy, Hubley, Barclay or Orphans, here's where to chat about slush cast!
  • Page:

TOPIC: AHI toys Japan

AHI toys Japan 8 years, 10 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
made in the 1960's i believe by AHI Japan

Re: AHI toys Japan 8 years, 10 months ago #2

Senior Boarder
Yes... AHI produced several series of vehicles. Some as shown above were direct copies of Matchbox (Lesney) items - others were stylised copies of other items. I have several complete sets and a lot of individual items. When I get htem photographed I'll post them here....

Re: AHI toys Japan 4 years, 7 months ago #3

Senior Boarder
I've been away a long time.... here's a link to my web site with information on AHI:
toysnz.com/AHI-Japan
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: AHI toys Japan 4 years, 7 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Four years and three months!  A bit of an old post.  But glad you are back.

Re: AHI toys Japan 4 years, 7 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
WOW 4 years ago, where did the time go.

Re: AHI toys Japan 4 years, 7 months ago #6

Senior Boarder
I'm not sure but my hair is now white!

Actually I have popped in from time to time but as all the notifications were ending up in my spam folder I forgot all about this thread and it was only because things were quiet at work that I spent some time looking at what topics WERE in the diecast area and realised I'd never checked back on this one (blush)
Last Edit: 4 years, 7 months ago by toysnz.

Re: AHI toys Japan 4 years, 7 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Like they say, better late than never.
Those toys look like Matchbox Copies, for sure. That must have happened a lot with Japanese toys back then.

Re: AHI toys Japan 4 years, 6 months ago #8

Senior Boarder
Yes Jim - and not just Japan - there was a series of toys produced in NZ that used the Matchbox name and box style although the toys themselves (with the exception of the Landrover) did not look like any Matchbox toy. Also lots of copies made in Hong Kong in both plastic and metal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL
  • Page: