Midgetoy & Tootsietoy collections
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Tootsie Toy, Midgetoy, Hubley, Barclay or Orphans, here's where to chat about slush cast!

TOPIC: Midgetoy & Tootsietoy collections

Midgetoy & Tootsietoy collections 10 years, 11 months ago #1

Expert Boarder
I couldn't help but to notice that the Midgetoy & Tootsietoy collections don't get a lot of press. I like picking them up when i spot them and most of the time they are still pretty cheap. Here are a few of the larger ones I have in my collection.
Attachments:

Re: Midgetoy & Tootsietoy collections 10 years, 11 months ago #2

Expert Boarder
Then I have these size cars as well.

Attachments:
Last Edit: 10 years, 11 months ago by willbr459.

Re: Midgetoy & Tootsietoy collections 10 years, 11 months ago #3

Expert Boarder
This one is not marked but it has tires and axles just like a tootsietoy car.
Attachments:

Re: Midgetoy & Tootsietoy collections 10 years, 11 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Tootsietoys I know of but I was unaware of Midgetoy until I stumbled across a lot for sale on Ebay
Attachments:

Re: Midgetoy & Tootsietoy collections 10 years, 11 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Some of the Midgetoys sure are interesting
Attachments:

Re: Midgetoy & Tootsietoy collections 10 years, 11 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Dinkydi wrote:

Some of the Midgetoys sure are interesting

Ahem... what is THAT? A fish on wheels?

Re: Midgetoy & Tootsietoy collections 10 years, 11 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
I have a few Tootsie toys in my collection. Most came from a friend in the USA.

Some Hot rods and a Racer

These are dump trucks or earth haulers

These are the cars I have. My wife has a dozen she stole from me for some of her projects.
Last Edit: 10 years, 11 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Midgetoy & Tootsietoy collections 10 years, 11 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
I also have these couple of Midgetoy Racers, Number inside says 1 on one and 2 on the other. I do not know how many are in a set.

Re: Midgetoy & Tootsietoy collections 10 years, 11 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Let us not forget another maker that does these small cars. Barclay. I have 4 nice examples although they are playworn they are still a nice little car. Same scale as all the rest here.

Re: Midgetoy & Tootsietoy collections 10 years, 11 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
I have this Fiat Abarth and it does not say who made in. It is larger than all the rest of the toys here so far by about 40 to 50% in scale. Does anyone have any ideas? It has what looks like a 1 on the underside in the middle of the roof.

Re: Midgetoy & Tootsietoy collections 10 years, 11 months ago #11

Your Albarth is a Tootsie Midget if I remember right. The ones you have shown Jim are the Midget line, and are from about 1970 except for the Albarth that was added in 1974.

Re: Midgetoy & Tootsietoy collections 10 years, 11 months ago #12

All of the Tootsies in this post are from the midget line. I have some of the older large size tootsie toy trucks, Mack B and L models and IH RD 190s from the 50s and early 60s in my collection. I also have some Midgetoys out in the garage from the mid 60s as well. There are a couple of Midget Tootsies out there from back when, if I can remember what I did with them....

Re: Midgetoy & Tootsietoy collections 10 years, 11 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
I do know that the last four cars are indeed Barclay toys. The rest I did not know that Tootsie and Midgetoy were the same.

Re: Midgetoy & Tootsietoy collections 10 years, 11 months ago #14

Expert Boarder
I have a few Barclay cars in my collection as well. They came from my wifes grandmothers house. Someone from this site helped me identify them.
Attachments:

Re: Midgetoy & Tootsietoy collections 10 years, 11 months ago #15

I should clarify, the Midgetoys are Midgetoys, I was referring to the Tootsies you posted. Both Tootsie and Midgetoy are from the same general area of Illinois, Chicago for Tootsie and Rockford for Midgetoy. Tootsie had by far the greater number of toy vehicles in their range, and also made diecast planes, boats, doll furniture and collar buttons. Tootsies came in bright colors, red, yellow, light and dark for blue, green, and purple, orange, pink, silver, and I think a magenta.

The fish shaped vehicle is actually a Midgetoy spaceshipn which came with or without the open windows, without windows being the oldest. Midgetoy also made some planes in their line.