Tomica unique variation
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For all Tomica produced in Japan, China or now in Vietnam. This is also the Tomica Group Forum
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tomica unique variation

Tomica unique variation 12 years, 8 months ago #1

Junior Boarder
Hello i want to share photo  and discuss about unique tomica ( original tomica not custom!)

For first model i will show tomica VW microbus white with red interior and red tampa"Volkswagen logo "

i call unique because this tomica not recorded at tomica japan encyclopedia.I don't know the origin of circulation of this model. Please let me know this model if anybody know with original packaging ( blue box or blister ?)

Re: Tomica unique variation 12 years, 8 months ago #2

Junior Boarder
second unique

Because of different plastic materials manufacturer then makes variation

this plastic bucket of toyota hiace farm truck was yellow chocolate colour unusually

Usually yellow bucket

blue with red chocolate is usually too

Please share if anybody found or have this variation .......

Re: Tomica unique variation 12 years, 8 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
don't have that many Tomica's, but most of mine are fairly standard models
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gunawan

Re: Tomica unique variation 12 years, 8 months ago #4

Junior Boarder
hello RVrevo...i see your avatar , are you you collecting VW model? thanks for writting....i give + karma to you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: RVREVO

Re: Tomica unique variation 12 years, 8 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
thank ye kindly.

gave one too to you.

yes, collected many Veedubs along the way. The one in my avatar was repainted badly by whoever owned it before me so thought it might be snug enough to hold the old ToyCollector logo.
Currently haven't had time to redesign a sheet with the new logo due to work and trying to sort my car collection.

The Tomica VW type 2 van comes in many colours. Its very sought after and very expensive to purchase in any condition. A low price can easily escalate in a ridiculously 3 digit number.
This is one van I've been trying to add for a number of years, next to actual Japanese cars.

Mostly narrowed my collection down to the big three: Matchbox, Corgi, Dinky.
Occasionally will exceed the three by having interest in Tomica, Majorette, Siku, Husky, etc.

As one theme draws to a close I look at the next one.

I call the single group type collecting 'themes' as it focuses my field of collecting.
For instance: Corgi Toys will be primarily Land Rover and Morris Minor.

Other themes also concentrate on one specific company like Volkswagen and Porsche. As these two are closely related I will add Audi and NSU as well.

Specific one type model model collecting happens aswell: Rolls Royce Silver Ghost for example.

My last VW was a red variant of Matchbox-Dinky DY6-C.
Second to last was Matchbox Flying Bug.

Re: Tomica unique variation 12 years, 8 months ago #6

Junior Boarder
hello nice to met you....

wow you collecting  corgi ,dinky and matchbox is so superb collectible.....

i see you avatar is very good customize .....i have some matchbox and corgi too....but those it' little bit then tomica collection.

MAtchbox i like lesney no 4C triumph motorcycle, 12 landrover, 36b lambretta,66B harley davidson.

Corgi i like small scale  (corgi junior) , and no dinky ( because i never played with dinky, and dinky so expensive at past time)

I like flyingbug( have a red one ) and minimoris, minihahahah too.

next time i want to share my minimoris  tomica collection....

thank you for your replay

Hello 12 years, 8 months ago #7

Fresh Boarder
Hello everybody,introduce me : Hocky Dirosuseno.I collect Husky,budgie,superfast lesney,Tomica japan.Thanx for Mr.Gunawan Takamura for introduce this collector page,so next about unique vw microbus tomica white colour and tomica written in red is very nice,by the way anybody in this toycollector member who have it please email me or pm me ok.Thx

Re: Hello 12 years, 8 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Hi to both of you Hocky and Gunawan.

Re: Hello 12 years, 8 months ago #9

Junior Boarder
hello Jim how are you?Nice to meet you!

Re: Hello 12 years, 8 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Hi Hocky and Gunawan and welcome, I to have now started collecting Tomica here are my first two.

Re: Hello 12 years, 8 months ago #11

Junior Boarder
beautiful #80 Nissan condor cargo crane discontinue model , and #42 Satelitte elf truck was dicontinue model too.....nice sharing!

Re: Hello 12 years, 7 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
custom Vw Dandy tomica, Rolls Royce and 1937 Ford!

Re: Hello 12 years, 7 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Datsun pickup (2 door 4 seater!)

Re: Hello 12 years, 7 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
My very first Tomica were two Lamborghini Cheetah's.

Re: Hello 12 years, 7 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
white version..

• Page: