The only Siku I have, but what an incredible car!!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For all things Siku; diecast or plastic!
  • Page:

TOPIC: The only Siku I have, but what an incredible car!!

The only Siku I have, but what an incredible car!! 7 years, 10 months ago #1

Expert Boarder
SIKU DS21
Pure beauty, isn't it? It may lack some detail but the Deesse is always a star!
Some paint chips, ok, but the wheels are still great. Got it at a flea market for maybe 1€.
By the way: is the V290 on the baseplate the model code?
And what is the year they made it?

Re: The only Siku I have, but what an incredible car!! 7 years, 10 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
The information I have suggests the V Series, in both metal and plastic, started in 1955 and ran through to 1975. The plastic models seem to have stopped about half way through production and later models were all metal.

The series runs from V201 to V362

The one and only that I have is V255 Buick Wildcat

Re: The only Siku I have, but what an incredible car!! 7 years, 10 months ago #3

Expert Boarder
What a great model! And steerable too

Re: The only Siku I have, but what an incredible car!! 7 years, 10 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Have had the blue version since new, although not sure what ever happened to the bubblewrap card it was on. Must've been still in that period where I didn't find that all too important. I've never seen any other colour and its such a privilege to see one in green other than blue.

V290 was its designation. The number was used for other cars as the model was phased out and replaced.

Mine is mid-blue with unpainted base. It has a yellow interior and yellow tinted windows.

siku was known to make models that were somewhat disproportionate and scaling was always off somewhat. I am surprised that this model appears to wear the stunted front quite well.

its nice they opted for the thinner wheels. Later models had fatter wheels.

would've been nice to see this model being reintroduced into the milenium.

The following user(s) said Thank You: FiatRitmo
  • Page: