Time to start a new collection and Free up some space!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For all things Siku; diecast or plastic!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Time to start a new collection and Free up some space!

Time to start a new collection and Free up some space! 8 years, 1 month ago #1

Senior Boarder
Hello All, I need to free up some space as i've got a little one on the way, to that end I'm looking for a sutable home for my collection of Siku 1:32 Farmer Series. I'm looking for a decent price aswell.

and seeing as though I couldn't fit them all on my window sill, here's the additional 7 items .

Serious enquiries please!

Re: Time to start a new collection and Free up some space! 8 years, 1 month ago #2

Great collection and looks like a few years worth of finding and all perfect in their boxes... I personally have no idea of their worth,I would in your position store these away for a few years... once a collector always a collector...and when you do go back to collecting and you will.. you may well regret letting these go...

And best of luck with the new addition to the family..

Regards Niall

Re: Time to start a new collection and Free up some space! 8 years, 1 month ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I agree with Dublin6 I had done the same twice in my life and sometimes I regret selling them off only to start again.

If you are desperate in selling them all then PD has a sales area and then there are other sits such as eBay where you can sell them off. To find out what they are selling for, just do some searches which is easy to do on those buying and selling mediums. Just take the average sale prices of what you do find in your searching by using their data base and then you will know if they are worth selling or not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SikuSteve

Re: Time to start a new collection and Free up some space! 8 years, 1 month ago #4

Yes Steve,

do keep them, store them safe in a few boxes and keep one out on display, so you always remember you have got them.

Re: Time to start a new collection and Free up some space! 8 years, 1 month ago #5

Senior Boarder
RM, many thanks, I've decided to bow to pressure, I'm going to box them up and dry store them for a bit in a place at work.

Re: Time to start a new collection and Free up some space! 8 years, 1 month ago #6

Platinum Boarder
It would be a shame to get rid of them as I've done so and regretted it.

Frame.

Re: Time to start a new collection and Free up some space! 8 years, 1 month ago #7

Platinum Boarder
SikuSteve,  Dublin6, RoutmastNL, Frame69, and myself, that seems  to me that we are all traveling in the same company and that is not bad at all.

HANG ON TO THEM!!!

ooooops. I see that you have just made the correct decision.  GOOD.

dinkyboy

Re: Time to start a new collection and Free up some space! 8 years, 1 month ago #8

DINKYBOY

On this one we may have convinced him .....

Niall

Re: Time to start a new collection and Free up some space! 8 years, 1 month ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Niall,      This is a good thing.

Life is good.

dinkyboy

Re: Time to start a new collection and Free up some space! 8 years ago #10

Senior Boarder
Guys many thanx for the input, just to let you know, I've just ordered the new releases from Siku: Claas Cargos trailer, Claas 950,John Deere 990 Baler......just cannot shake this collecting bug!

Re: Time to start a new collection and Free up some space! 8 years ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Hi Steve. Glad to hear you changed your mind. Even with the 'new one coming' and the resulting consequence of less time for your collection in the nearest future it is, like others have already said so well, a hard habit to shake off completely. You may not think of your collection at all for a very long time, but sooner or later you will.

Many who have sold (parts of) their collection end up regretting it bitterly later on when the 'bug' returns and spend a lot of time and money tracking down all the models they sold earlier. As long as you store your collection in a safe way, nothing can go wrong - and if it should turn out, later on, that you really have lost all interest in this hobby, then you can sell it and spend the money on a nice vacation or something else.

Re: Time to start a new collection and Free up some space! 8 years ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Hello Steve good to hear or should I say read that you are going to keep your collection and storage is being considered. Note, before you put your models in storage don't forget to take some good photos and post them on PD (Planet Diecast). Go to forums and select the category and start a new thread on and about your collection with some special notes on them if you like and you are on your way to be a good member within the family of collecting on PD.

Glad to have you onboard.

Cheers from down under in wonderland.
Last Edit: 8 years ago by GunnerJim.
  • Page: