Siku collection for my son
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For all things Siku; diecast or plastic!

TOPIC: Siku collection for my son

Re: Siku collection for my son 1 year, 10 months ago #46

Platinum Boarder
Might well be my old transporter, nicely detailed though!

Re: Siku collection for my son 1 year, 8 months ago #47

Junior Boarder

Got two new additions. Mercedes dumpster transporter and New Holland snowplough with salt spreader!

Re: Siku collection for my son 1 year, 8 months ago #48

Platinum Boarder
Very nice road equipment. Love the plough and salt spreader. Are these new releases or old stock you found and added to your collection?

Re: Siku collection for my son 1 year, 8 months ago #49

Junior Boarder
<p>The Mercedes is old, from the 90ies I guess but tractor is new.</p>
<p>Soon I'm getting a older street cleaning truck and Mercedes E-class ambulance as well. Will share photos once they arrive.</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL

Re: Siku collection for my son 1 year, 8 months ago #50

Junior Boarder
Two new additions:

Mercedes ambulance with firefighter markings, in pretty good condition.
Mercedes ladder truck in ok condition, 3/4 support legs are broken but I think I might find replacements...

Re: Siku collection for my son 1 year, 8 months ago #51

Platinum Boarder
These look nice and I am sure you can fix the outriggers as they are called. Is there a supplier for parts on Siku toys?

Re: Siku collection for my son 1 year, 8 months ago #52

no not that I am aware of.

Re: Siku collection for my son 1 year, 8 months ago #53

Platinum Boarder
Then it is scavenge from another model, use something that looks close or make something up to fit the purpose of the outriggers.

Re: Siku collection for my son 1 year, 8 months ago #54

Junior Boarder
Im sure I eventually come by some model I can scavange them from. They are rather easy to replace actually, bottom is fastened with normal screws.

Anyway, new road sweeper arrived. This one seems to be a late model because of rubber tires instead of typical plastic ones common on this era. I've also seen this model with a newer MB cab but I'm not sure if this is official model or someone just made it themselves.

Sweeping unit can fixed up or lowered so it touches the ground. The model seems to be in a really good condition and only for 14€ it's a really good deal. It only had some sticker on it's sides but with some cleaning the glue remains will be soon gone.

Re: Siku collection for my son 1 year, 8 months ago #55

Platinum Boarder
Nice to see this truck and also that it is a working model. Dinky did a similar model but only the brushes work. It does not lift up. It does have a sewer vacuum on it though.

Re: Siku collection for my son 1 year, 8 months ago #56

to my knowledge, it is all original

Re: Siku collection for my son 1 year, 8 months ago #57

Junior Boarder

I meant this kind of a new cab. It looks original though since I also saw it in a box.
I have a garbage truck with the same cabin.

Re: Siku collection for my son 1 year, 6 months ago #58

Junior Boarder
Mercedes G class police. The build quality is really good considering Siku Chinese factory makes quite flawed smaller scale models. The doors move smoothly and maybe the only downside is that wheels are fixed on one axle which wont allow them to move independently from each other.

It's also a "new generation" model with removable wheels (rim with tire comes off them the axle). I superglued it together after I opened the box. In my opinion it's just a smart way to make people buy new models when the previous one has lost all it's wheels

Re: Siku collection for my son 1 year, 6 months ago #59

these are very nice indeed. Siku did a good job with the Mercedes. I like it.