Siku collection for my son
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For all things Siku; diecast or plastic!

TOPIC: Siku collection for my son

Re: Siku collection for my son 2 years ago #31

Platinum Boarder
Nice additions. What nationality is the police van, Estonian? or?
The excavator brings back many memories of working with these in real life. Being a carpenter and building homes and apartment buildings most of my working life these were used for excavation of the sites and also for trenching in utilities like water, power and gas. This is a nice clean model.

Re: Siku collection for my son 2 years ago #32

Junior Boarder
Hello!

It's not a police van. I did some research on the internet and it seems to be some sort of a "transportation agency" of Germany. I couldn't exactly understand what is it for but I think it could be some sort of a customs department?
The only downside of the excavator is that the arm doensn't go down more than on the photo (you cant dig any holes). It isn't the most realistic, but hey, it's not like he's gonna dig any holes into the floor...

Re: Siku collection for my son 2 years ago #33

<p>It is the Bundesamt für Güterverkehr, which is: the Federal Office for Goods Transport www.bag.bund.de/DE/Home/home_node.html with photos of the real van.....
[url=https://postimages.org/nl/</p>
<p>photo copyright by the BAG</p>
Last Edit: 2 years ago by RoutemasterNL.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Siku collection for my son 2 years ago #34

Junior Boarder
Yes, I found that. But what does that office do? Just curious.

Re: Siku collection for my son 2 years ago #35

Platinum Boarder
looks like a Security van.

Re: Siku collection for my son 2 years ago #36

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Theo. Got to love this site for the varied information we all have.
I would say it is like a customs van or department to make sure that proper paper work is done and that now violations of the law concerning transportation of goods are violated. No explosives or volatile paints being transported other than through the proper channels or transport companies as an example.

Re: Siku collection for my son 2 years ago #37

Jim is right.They roam the streets too

Re: Siku collection for my son 2 years ago #38

Junior Boarder

New asphalt laying machine. It has so many features. The tracks move, front "doors" can be tilted, chairs moved. Also the laying device can be lifted and lowered and also made wider.

Really great purchase. Also still made in Germany, not China.

Re: Siku collection for my son 2 years ago #39

Junior Boarder
Now I'd just need this one and I'd have quite a good road construction set:

Too bad that Siku doesn't have any good trailer for this kind of machinery available. I know there is one truck+trailer model but it's quite rare and costs quite a lot...

Re: Siku collection for my son 2 years ago #40

Platinum Boarder
With the scale known you should be able to find another brand that will do the truck and trailer your needing. Would also be nice to have a dump truck full of hot black asphalt backed up to that laying machine. I see them here on the highways and the are quite large. Smaller ones for the sides and filling in islands etc and also for driveways and parking lots. Do you have a link to where you bought this Road layer, I might like to buy one myself. Thanks for showing

Re: Siku collection for my son 2 years ago #41

Junior Boarder
<p>Yeah, i might find some 1:50 trailer by another company. I bought it used from private seller on German Ebay, (only 6€ ) so sadly I can't give the link...</p>
Last Edit: 2 years ago by Valvejoodik.

Re: Siku collection for my son 1 year, 11 months ago #42

Junior Boarder
Newest truck to the collection: Mercedes Zetros fire truck. The side curtains are openable, water cannon can be moved and ladders taken out.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL

Re: Siku collection for my son 1 year, 11 months ago #43

Platinum Boarder
That is a very nice engine. I have not seen it before.

Re: Siku collection for my son 1 year, 11 months ago #44

Junior Boarder
Yes, indeed. It's a great for forest fires and suits well with my other firetrucks.

There is one more MAN fire engine model available but it's quite rare and costs around 50€ sometimes. But I think it's worth it.

Re: Siku collection for my son 1 year, 10 months ago #45

Junior Boarder
Got a new truck: MAN truck with car trailer.