Show us your SIKU models.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For all things Siku; diecast or plastic!

TOPIC: Show us your SIKU models.

Re: Show us your SIKU models. 9 years, 2 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
Nice truck.

Re: Show us your SIKU models. 9 years, 2 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
Yes, that's another niggle with Siku, they often don't name the vehicles properly, but instead use descriptions like "travel coach", "Mercedes rescue vehicle" or, as in this case "cruiser"

From my experience they are not fantasy models, so they'll still have to pay royalties, making it even more puzzling why they don't supply the exact model names.

Re: Show us your SIKU models. 9 years, 2 months ago #18

Expert Boarder
I forgot about this little gem, this one I too found at a flea market.

Re: Show us your SIKU models. 9 years, 2 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
These are the only two Siku vehicles that I have. They are not real common here in South Texas. The truck I picked up at a flea market and the car I found in a small store. The car looks like a Porsche in the front and a Corvette in the rear.    

Its because it is a Chevy Corvette, most likely the latest version

Re: Show us your SIKU models. 9 years, 2 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
bought within a week of each other.

Siku #1644 Dodge Ram with trailer and karts.

Re: Show us your SIKU models. 9 years, 2 months ago #21

Expert Boarder
From the rear it looks like the Corvette, but the front, I guess it could somewhat.  

Re: Show us your SIKU models. 9 years, 2 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
that is just plain weird.

looks like Siku got confused with what they were making...

the rear lights depict a Mustang, side on looks like a Corvette and the front is weird like they sidn't know how to make the front lights work.

Maybe they got confused with the Ferrari 599???

Re: Show us your SIKU models. 9 years ago #23

Platinum Boarder
that is just plain weird.

looks like Siku got confused with what they were making...

the rear lights depict a Mustang, side on looks like a Corvette and the front is weird like they sidn't know how to make the front lights work.

Maybe they got confused with the Ferrari 599???

Why is this weird?

Siku does not identify the car and so it is a fantasy model. Most of HW's creations are like this anyway!

Cheers Chris

Re: Show us your SIKU models. 9 years ago #24

Platinum Boarder
Siku VW T5 Multivan 2 by Chris*4, on Flickr

VW T5 Multivan

Cheers Chris

Last Edit: 9 years ago by Chris Sweetman.

Re: Show us your SIKU models. 9 years ago #25

Senior Boarder
Some more Siku. First this Setra S431DT double decker coach, #3732. Issued in several liveries, this is the first (the latest looks like a tour bus for a heavy metal band: black with flames and a text to match). Scale is 1/55. Got this one very cheap (unboxed) as it's missing the left side mirror and has a few minor scratches and chips.

The next one is a lot older! Siku #V292 "Mercedes Binz Rettungswagen". I used to have this one as a kid, but in a version with newer wheels. I'd been looking for a replacement for a very long time, when I suddenly stumbled across this early verison - probably late 60s to early 70's. Althoug unboxed, it's practically flawless in every way. All doors open and the it's still got a removable strecher in the back. Not sure of the scale, but it seems to be bigger than Siku's often used 1/55... 1/48-1/50, perhaps?

Finally #V220 a Tempo Matador minibus, available from 1963 to 1969. I believe this to be quite rare. Features framed jeweled headlights and an opening door (unfortunately slightly bent in the frame, as you can see from the photo). Scale is small, probably appr. 1/66.

Last Edit: 9 years ago by Teebodk2.

Re: Show us your SIKU models. 8 years, 11 months ago #26

Limited edition, only 750 pieces issued in the Trier City Tours livery. Specially made for a toy shop in Trier Germany

Usually Siku 1885 is produced in the Berlin City Tours livery and is a very common and available model

Re: Show us your SIKU models. 8 years, 11 months ago #27

Platinum Boarder
Awesome!!! been looking for a Matador Tempo van for a long time indeed.

I find the design similar to be similar to the veedub combi as a good reason to add it... also it being made by Siku.

Re: Show us your SIKU models. 8 years, 4 months ago #28

Senior Boarder

My Siku Farmer Series (1:32), just started collecting last week! I don't want to take them out of their boxes as this will depreciate their value when selling them in many, many years time. Thanks for looking, will post another once i've finished the 2012 Catalogue.

Re: Show us your SIKU models. 8 years, 4 months ago #29

Senior Boarder
Can't go wrong with Siku...cracking set-up, good match with the MAN and low-loader with Shovel.

Re: Show us your SIKU models. 8 years, 4 months ago #30

my only (un)boxed siku